Monday, November 05, 2007

Good news re Seagull

I took Seagull to the Vet for another check up this morning and Kevin is very happy with his progress. He has been on Flexicam for the last 5 days, eventhough he has a little bit of loose tummy and occassionally being sick but he is alright. He has put his weight on the foot since Friday which is a good sign. Kevin does not think he needs a surgery after all and suggested we change his pain killer to Norocarp together with Pro-kaolin and Tagamet Syrup to calm down the acid in his stomach. He will be back to see Kevin on Friday to see how he responses to these combination of medicine and in the later stage, Kevin suggested he will give him a weekly injection to fill up the catridge in his shoulder joint. For time being, all he needs is 100% cage rest. I feel very sorry to see his poor miserable face in the crate but everytime I let him out, he is so happy and could not stop bouncing which is bad for him, so I am very sorry but I have to limit his movement until he is better. If I am in the office working on the computer, I will bring him in with me and leave him on his bed with his lead on and that will stop him hoping from place to place, poor Seagull, I wish he gets better soon and come out walking with us, really missing him when we are out walking eventhough he is the most difficult dog to take out walking with, probably I like him as a challenge!

5 comments:

katia said...

Poor boy, but I'm so glad that surgery is not necessary. Get well soon Seagull
Katia

A A A =) said...

Hopefully the medicine works on Seagull! Get well soon =)

Karen said...

Oh that is good news in one way no surgery, just a long process to get the little chap back and bouncing, give him a hug from me x

Hudsondoglets said...

Fantastic news. Hugs from all of us.

Hudsondoglets said...

So glad Seagull is on the mend!