Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spring at Shuttleworth

Well, we left from the campsite in Peak District heading towards Spring at Shuttleworth on Friday afternoon. We got to Old Walden Park nice and early but the ground was too wet and we got stuck again. Unfortunately we got stuck on the slope, this means we spent all weekend sliding down in bed! I was very tensed and stressed, not knowing what to do with the caravan. I have my friend Jim expecting me home early Sunday to help pushing the caravan back into the front garden. I don't normally need him but because we have so many nails from the garage conversion and I am worried I am going to puncture the tyres!
Anyway, Saturday started off sunny in the early hours but the wind was very strong and kept blowing down the jumps. I didn't get a good sleep and I started off badly. I was running against the wind and unable to keep up with Saturn, so we made some silly mistakes because I am not fast enough to be able to switch!! Saturn was a good boy, he tried very hard and I think his contacts are getting so much better, eventhough we still need to get him to come down faster but I am very happy with his performance in this extreme weather. We've got a 6th in one of the runs, I can't remember which as I was too tired and don't know what was going on.
On Sunday, after another night kept sliding down, I felt exhausted. Luckily the weather massively improve and we were getting too hot by mid-day. Saturn again was a good boy, he still hold his contacts and to my surprised, we've got a 7th in the Combined 1-7 TFO, out of 109 dogs, that is good! In the last run, Combined 1-3 Agility, I tried to release him faster on the contacts and have realised he was too fast releasing himself on the A Frame and I will have to watch this in future. I don't want to blow away his good contacts after such a long period of getting it right. He got a 4th in that round.
Sing wasn't on form last weekend. Due to his eye infection, he tried very hard to get 2 clear rounds on Saturday but Sunday, he lost interest in the Agility and got 5 on the weave! He has seen the vet yesterday and been treated, he is much better today, at least his eye is mostly dry.
Thanks to the weather, the ground dry up on Sunday and we could pull away without any help. It took me 20 minutes to monouver to find the grip and finally we got to the concrete and drove up just before dark.
Here are some runs from Saturn:

No comments: