Friday, August 15, 2008

MALAYSIA BOLEH!

I have been quite emotional since I came back from the KC International Festival, for so many reasons ... will talk about them later but I've got more emotional again this morning watching the Olympic, men's single semi-final. The game was between Malaysian LEE Chong Wei and the Korean LEE Hyunil.
I haven't been watching much of the Olympic this year due to having a puppy around, he takes up most of my time, if I were to ignore him to watch the Olympic, he will bark at me for attention!!!
Anyway, I was lucky enough to catch the badminton this morning and to watch a Malaysian playing. When I first saw LEE Chong Wei on the telly this morning, I was rather shock, my memory goes back to the late 80s and 90s for the Sidek Brothers (you can guess how old I am!), I never knew any other players than the Sidek Brothers! I watched the game with a lot of interest and apparently LEE Chong Wei is the 2nd World Ranking player. He did rather well in the first set, he was leading and I just like his way of playing, always jump up in the air and smash the shuttlecox, that is so beautiful to watch. I like an enthusiatic player. I even remember the longest rally between him and the Korean player was 49 strokes and of course LEE Chong Wei won the rally!
Unfortunately he lost in the 2nd set, the commentators was right though, she said as a fan of his, it is very frustrating to watch. He wasn't too far behind to start with, always 2-3 points between the two of them but the Malaysian hasn't in the lead at all in this set. At the end, it was a big gap and LEE Chong Wei kinda give up and let the Korean win the set. I think the Korean player is quite a technical player, he likes to drop the shuttlecox in front of the net and he has quite a high success rate where the Malaysian is more of a sporting player that like to pull and smash.
In the 3rd set, the deciding set, the Malaysian was once leading by 8-1, you just can't believe he lost the 2nd set, would you? He is a fantastic player and he won the match at last! He is guarantee a Silver medal for Malaysia, I don't know when is the final and who is he playing to but I am keeping my eye out for him and I am hoping he will bring a GOLD medal for Malaysia!
Malaysia BOLEH!! Lee Chong Wei BOLEH!!

1 comment:

L1nG L1nG said...

WOW!!! U updated ur blog immediately after the match? U r so FAST~~~ I watched the match too =D It was so exciting and I kept shouting whenever he scored~~~

Malaysia Boleh!!! >0<