Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Quick update

I am a little bit behind ... there were so many things happened in the last couple of weeks and I am trying to cope with my emotions.
First of all, Sing won into Grade 5 at The Summer Agility Show. Sorry no video, it happened on the Friday and I was on my own, no Colin there to film us. I was very pleased with Sing's performance, I think he was at least 3 or 4 seconds ahead, he was a good boy!
Then, my brother flew to China last Friday to seek for the alternative treatment to his liver cancer. The journey wasn't an easy one but I am glad he was coping. He is a very friendly, helpful guy, so he has a lot of friends there ready to help at anytime. A couple of his friends flew to China a day early to arrange the hospital and other things for him. He even has a doctor friend equiped with all necessary (mainly 3 pints of blood) acompany him on the plane just in case he needed him. The whole family was touch, we can't thank the doctor friend enough. Unfortunately, he is still bleeding and the Chinese doctors can't start the treatment until he stops bleeding.
Sizzle is a great puppy. I call Sing my Heart, Saturn my soul and Sizzle my sunshine! I haven't been doing any training with him for the last couple of weeks, I have learned not to train your dogs when you are emotion, so the training was on hold. I have continue to do a little bit basic training (those he already knows) with a clicker, hopefully he will get the idea of a clicker. Just two days ago, he suddenly CLICK!
It is very funny how a dog react to something, I have tried to teach Sing "SHY" for nearly two years and he couldn't get it but just last summer, he suddenly click and you can't stop him to shy now!! Sizzle is the same, he now loves the clicker!!
I started using the clicker to teach him the "elephant" trick, "in the box" and "target", his "elephant" trick is still in progress but he started to move his back legs half way round the box, not bad after two days training! He is also getting keen on the "target" but I have to wait until he is very hungry!! Will try to capture these on the video, but not easy when I am on my own most of the time, you can't do two things at once!
For time being, here are a couple of photos of little Sizzle growing up ...
his favourite bird toy!
naughty Titan had taught him to jump over the garden fence when we camp at the dog shows, so if you find a little tri colour sheltie at show, please bring him back to me!!

evil + evil = DEVIL

1 comment:

Hooch and troops said...

Well done Sing....see u in G5!

I love your DEVIL dogs..they are my favourite especially little Titan...bless and how can you not love Sizzle!

See u soon
xx