Friday, April 03, 2009

Sizzle's running A Frame

I spent yesterday afternoon mowing the lawn. When you only have one bit of the garden for the dogs to go toilet as well as practise agility, it is necessary to make sure it is under control and "maintain"!
I haven't practise agility with Sizzle in the garden since he started the club training. I do not want to tire him out as he is still very young. Agility Tuesday and Flyball Saturday and sometimes swim in the pond weekly probably is enough to keep him physically fit and mentally well balanced.
The weather has improved suddenly, so we got out today to do a bit of our running A Frame. It is not easy when I am on my own to run him as well as taking photos/videos. I haven't have a tripod so all I do is standing in a distance to send him over the A Frame and he was a very good boy but I can see his stride changing but he has not miss the contact point which is good but the A Frame is still on the baby height.





As I have mentioned in my earlier post about Sizzle not keen to pull on the lead to his food pot so it is a bit harder to train him on the V Weave. We are practising the "food pot" separately, with Saturn's help, he shows he can get to the food pot as fast as Saturn! I've also get Saturn out to do the V Weave while he was on the lead watching, he was barking mad but when I get him to do it on his own, he wasn't really going in speed. Yesterday while I was playing with the dogs and the boys went through the V Weave and follow by Sizzle in speed. I thought if I can control the other boys and get him to weave in speed, maybe this is another way of training? You can see the picture below, I can send him into the weave as well as recall.



Note: The Smiling Vote - Samber and Titan both have 10 votes each; follow by Skye 7 votes; then Sing and Saturn both have 6 votes each; Seagull 5 votes and Sizzle 4 votes. Thank you for playing. All the dogs have a gravy bone.

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Sizzle looks like he's really flying over the apex of that A-frame, that's great!

I'm sure you could train him to weave by using your other shelties. Don't see why not, as long as it works for you :)

~Nat

Chris and Ricky said...

Sizzle's running aframe looks great! How exciting to see him jump the apex like that!

Sara said...

Those are great photos of Sizzle!

I think its is great that Saturn is helping "train" Sizzle.

I just LOVE Sizzle, but I had to vote for Saturn as "best smile" :)

Vonnie said...

WTG wee Sizzle your a brill! Well done Lian for taking pics and training!

Vonnie said...

Sizzle is so focused and motivated! Go Sizzle!