Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Titan time

It is a lovely winter morning, I took the boys out for their 2 hours winter walk in the Common and they enjoyed the frosty ground and the frozen pond! After an hour rest, I thought I can't spend the beautiful winter indoor so I decided to do a bit of training with Titan.

Here is my boy on the See-Saw. I started him on the See-Saw with 2 tables at each end when he was 6 months old and I have to stop training him for a while. He was attacked by a nasty Border Terrier pup in his puppy class 3 times and he was off the agility training for 8 months!! He is a very strong dog and he has no fear of the equipment. He is quite happy to go up the See-Saw in his full speed and let it drop.

We are taking the Weaves very slowly, he mastered it very fast but I spent too much time with Saturn to make sure he has a perfect weaves before the agility season begin. I knew I am being bad so I have to catch up with little Titan. He is doing very well in his V Weaves, he is dragging me through to the pot at the end of the weaves.

He is also very fast on the A Frame but his target is not very good yet, we are practising the target on the ground and he was fine but I need to get his 2 on 2 off. I need more time spending on the A Frame!
Titan is quite a small sheltie, really tiny. I think he is about 12.5". He does not mind the jumps but accossionally he will go underneath it. I need to make sure he jumps every jump, so I always lob a piece of liver over the jump and make sure he jump over it and get the treat. We are going to work hard on jumping too!

Beside Sing, Titan is another of my shelties that like tennis ball. I've been wanted to train him in flyball as well as agility. I started rolling a ball for him to chase when he was 7 weeks old and he loves it. He likes to retrieve the ball for me everytime I roll it away. Here, you can see the picture above, he has a tennis ball in his mouth and jump over the jump, part of the flyball training.

Finally, reward time, play, play, play and play ...

No comments: