Wednesday, August 05, 2009

daddy's girls

More Sing-lets have arrived!

Samber was supposed to due on Saturday but the girls can't wait! She has three beautiful sable girls, ranging from golden to dark shaded sable! All girls weigh 5oz. Samber has them all in 1.5hours! Do you call this easy natural birth. I enjoyed my experinced!
I started taken her temperature last week and her temperature has been very steady, it only started to do a tiny drop since yesterday but I measured her again on Monday night at 11 (not my usual timing), her temperature had a big drop, nearly by one degree, so Colin and I moved in with her. Nothing at all on Monday night (sheltie thing!). I measured her again yesterday morning and her temperature risen so I happily went training with Sizzle. I took her temperature in the afternoon and evening and there were all looking normal but she was restless all yesterday afternoon, not wanted to eat at all (I thought that is normal for her as she is not an easy eater!). She does not want to go to her whelping box but kept going into my office and tried to nest one of the bedding. I told my mum jokingly maybe she is going to have her babies now? I even left her at 5pm to take Sizzle for his annual booster.
By 8pm, I thought I will "force" her to go into her whelping area, just in case she does has puppies. Luckily when I tried to sort out my own bedding next to her, she started to look like she is going to have puppies. I have no experienced at all (I don't Gem & Zap could count?) and she is nothing like Gem at all. I thought I would stay with her and talk to her. She started crouching and I checked on her, could see nothing ... she then lie down and settled, so I thought I let her be but for some woman's instinct, I decided I will check on her. I lifted her back leg to see the first baby already out! Still in a sack! Was I panic? Emmm ... I was shocked really. I thought I will give Colin a shout to give me a hand but when he heard me saying puppy, he actually ran away! Arrrggghhh ....
I guess I did a very good job. I was calm (since no one is helping me or even give me some support), I clean and dry the puppy while Samber did her job to chew the cord ... the second girl arrived an hour later. Funny thing was, I don't think Samber even noticed it! I helped her to get the baby out, broke the sac and clean and dry and she chew the cord; before we finished with this girl, the third one was out! Hei, all done by 11:30pm!!!

left to right: 1st born girl (look like shaded sable), 2nd born girl (look like golden sable) and 3rd born girl (very dark shaded sable). The 1st born and 2nd born look nearly identical, same sort of marking, only different is the 1st born girl has a tiny/fine blaze, I guess it will disappear when she grows older. The 3rd born is just like her mama's marking. They all very plain but beautiful! And all of them have a very long tail!

proud mama and her babies

12 comments:

L1nG L1nG said...

Please forgive me!!! I was really sleepy yesterday and I decided to go to bed earlier than usual. I am so sorry =(

As compensation, I volunteer myself to be the puppy's playmate =P

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Congrats Samber!! Glad it all went so smoothly for you this time Lian!

Will we see you at KCI?? :)

Angela said...

Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!

Christine said...

Oh how cute, and congratulations:-)

Paula said...

Oh Well Done Samber

Sara said...

congratulations to you and proud mama, Samber!

Diana said...

Im so glad everything went well. Congrats. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations! Thank goodness everything went so smoothly and well (especially considering you were all on your own!). Samber has three gorgeous girls! Looking forward to watching them grow up!

Vonnie said...

Well done Samber and Lian! Good to hear there all well! You must be shattered! Bet Sing is so proud!

Hooch n Troops said...

Congrats Lian and Samber...very cute puppies..r u keeping one?

x

Anja said...

Congratulations !!

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations,I look forward to seeing loads of photos!
Helen,Jarna,Luna,Eko