Monday, August 10, 2009

marrow weekend

We had a wonderful relaxing mellow weekend! No agility, No flyball, No training, purely RELAX with the boys (and girls!) and some good food and drinks.
I went to our local pet shop to stock up some tins of Burns Lamb & Rice for Sizzle (that is the only food that seems to agree with him so far and he has put on a bit of weight too!) on a Saturday morning. It was a lovely day Saturday, so I thought I will walk in to the nice butcher next door to see if they do some special meat for BBQ. Scott sells quality meat and their price is "quality" as well, so we don't often go there. I picked up some "mint & lamb" sausage, "jelpeno pepper" pork sausage & some marinated chicken and kebab (sounds like heaven, isn't it?). I thoguht I will treat the dogs as well, so I asked for 2 big marrow bones chop into 6 pieces and I paid a good price for it!!!
To my disappointment, those posh shelties do not know how to appreciate the bone! Sizzle was the only one that show great interest:he went from one bone to another, so he has all six bones all to himself!
very satisfying look!!
Colin and I tried so hard to encourage the other to chew. Seagull is the most greediest of all and he took a while to realise he can HAVE the bone!
are you sure I can have that bone?
Saturn is also a dog that will eat anything but he was scared of the bone! I offered the bone to him and he kept backing away from it, how funny? I have to cut off some flesh to feed it to him, then gradually he started to chew on.
whatever way he tries to eat the bone, he would not touch the bone with his paws!!!
Colin is trying his best to get Sing & Titan to chew the bone, just look at Sing's face, he thinks that is so disgusting!!! Too posh a sheltie!!!

at least, Titan had a tried

my little mama Samber left her babies for 5 minutes to try out the bone

marrow time

some friends email me to ask how is Sizzle's see-saw training, I have to say I am happy with his effort on the see-saw. We don't practise much at home now since we started training weekly at Pachesham. I do not like to over work my dogs but we have a little practise on the see-saw in the garden this morning, just to prove to myself he can work on the see-saw indepently (without help from someone to hold the see-saw at class):




7 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

I've never had a marrow bone - wonder if I too would be a "posh" sheltie and not want to chew on it. They do look messy!

Sizzle's looking very good on his see-saw!

Sara said...

Sizzle's see-saw is great!

My dogs have never had a marrow bone either. I wonder what they would do?

Paula said...

Next time you go as for some rib bones, mine prefer them to the marrow bones.

Are you doing Shrewsbury in October?

Rohan Shelties said...

LOL, Im so glad Im not the only one with "posh Shelties!" My girls do the same thing; we've tried marrow bones, lamb ribs, pork necks...everything! They too look at them like "Eeeewww!!!" And they eat raw daily!

Thanks for giving me the chuckle for the day =0)

Sheltie Hugs,
Sheltie-Mom Jenn, Heidi and Shelby

Diana said...

Lovely teeter. My dogs wont eat those big knuckle bones either. I usually use femur bones that are cut up for soup. I have to take most of the marrow out or they get diarrhea. Yuk. Diana

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

My dogs eat raw so they love marrow bones but the shelties are he ones that took the longest to figure out what to do with them when we first started getting them, the pictures and the descriptions of what they did with them were very cute!!!

Vonnie said...

Clever Sizzle! Your a STAR! Great meeting & watching you at the weekend! One wee Sheltie to watch out for on the Agility circuit! No pressure Lian! :)