Monday, September 26, 2011

Over The Bridge

It has been very sad over here in the last few weeks. Mum is now reunited with my dad and my brother over the Rainbow Bridge. She has been poorly for quite sometimes, every since I lost my beloved brother nearly three years ago. She wasn't coping. Eventhough she was living with us after my brother passed away but she wasn't happy, so we have to send her back to where she really belongs. She then suffered a few strokes and survived until early this year; she had 3-5 strokes within 2 months and left her paralysed. I visited her in March and she was stable then. Her condition was up and down, I knew deeply that she wasn't happy to be alive suffering from losing her beloved son. It was heartbreaking to see her suffering physically and mostly, mentally. I couldn't get her to talk to me but she will answer to my eldest nephew who looks just like my brother. We sometimes think that she must have mistaken Boy as Patrick. 

I was on the phone to my cousin two days before she passed away. None of us were expecting to loose her that soon. I was awake by a phone call from my nephew back home to break me the saddest news. Everything was a blur since. 

The thing that hit me most is to realise that she passed way the same day as my dad, both in Lunar Calendar and English calendar but 30 years apart. The chance of clashing in both Lunar Calendar and English Calendar is so slim and it happened! The journey to Malaysia was getting all of a rush and blur. 

When I returned to UK, I was violently sick for a few days. I know it's the stressed. I am nobody's child! 

I wasn't interested in Agility; walking the dogs has become a "duty" instead of something I really enjoy to be with the dogs. The dogs didn't understand the change in me, they all tried to be closed to me and demanding play but I just felt frustrated. Last week, I gradually feel a little better and the dogs were so happy to have the old mummy back. 

I am slowly recover and regain my energy. Hopefully we will back to routine very soon. 

Thanks to all my friends and family who email/sending cards/flowers. I really appreciate your support in this difficult time. 

 the most devoting mum in the world, sadly missed.
passed way on 10th September 2011
dad passed away on 10th September 1981. He was a wonderful father who I aodred.
 my beloved brother who lost his battle with liver cancer on 10th December 2008. 
He was the BEST man in the world!

R.I.P mum, dad & brother
you are sadly missed 
xxx





6 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Lian - I am so very sorry about your mother. Hopefully at least now she is at peace. Hugs to you - you are in my thoughts always.

Chris

Diana said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I remember my mom being sad after het mom passed away. She said "now no one is alive that remembers her childhood". So sad. I hope you feel better soon.

Sara said...

Lian, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Your post is so full of sadness, and Hermione Sheltie and I want you to know how many Shelties and Sheltie moms are connected to you through Coco and Silky and the worldwide network they have built. Please accept our deepest sympathies for your loss. We hope that your Sheltie family who needs you so much can offer you some comfort. My dad has been gone since 1984, and my mom is in the last stages of ovarian cancer -- so I know what you mean to be nobody's child. It is a hard road to travel, and we wish you strength and patience and peace.

verobirdie said...

Lian, i am so sorry for your loss. No wonder you are not feeling well, to say the least.
Take your time, and let the shelties give you all their love. In addition to the love the humans close to you are giving you, ...
Take care

Vonnie said...

I'm, sure they are all watching over you. The pictures are lovely ones to treasure. Your dogs will comfort you and help you through this sad, dark and difficult time with heartfelt sympathy and Hugs x