Wednesday, January 17, 2007

nasty BUGS going around ...

Colin has been very ill for 3 weeks now. He started with a cough just before Christmas, then this cough got serious after Boxing Day but he still went to work for the week. On New Year eve, this cough became very aggressive, he was coughing every 15 minutes, from New Year Day onwards, everytime he cough, it will follow by a choke then sick. This cough is worst from the evening onwards, he has to wake up every hour to rush to the loo, poor man!

He went to see the doctor after New Year, the doctor prescribed him with a week's antibiotic and told him not to worry, it is just MILD cough. What? Mild cough? I think the doctor don't know what he was doing. I probably right though. The cough didn't go away after the 7 days of antibiotic and it has become worst, he cough, choke and sick more frequent. He has 10 days off sick from work. He went to see the doctor a couple more times and he even went into A&E in St Georges at one mid-night. Bad luck, the doctors said he is fine, nothing to worry about. I really could not understand why the doctors kept telling him he is fine which obviously he is NOT!

I don't like to see him suffers anymore, this nasty bugs has been bothering him more than 3 weeks and I think he has enough, he needs a good night sleep so do I! I started to have a little itchy throat and running nose but I went to the doctor to get myself some antibiotic and have a lemsip, vitamin C everyday. I cannot afford to be ill. I have so many to look after!!


No comments: