Monday, October 08, 2007

Stour Valley

Both Colin and I are still under the weather, so we have to cancel our Pembrokeshire trip, so we went to Stour Valley yesterday. It was a very nice show, all the Stour Valley members were friendly and the venue is just right. Saturn was a very good boy, he got a 2nd in the Grade 1-3 Jumping, not far behind the winner, if my handling were smoother, I think we can beat the half a second. There are a lots of room for improvement for my poor handling and that will be my winter project.
Sing wasn't himself yesterday, he was very slow after a long walk at Richmond Park and 45 minutes swim on Saturday and he missed his Dog Walk!! I put it down to we haven't practice for the last three weeks because of me being poorly, hopefully he will be better at Caerphilly.

I just loved this photo of Saturn taken at Stour Valley
and here is the 1-3 Jumping video clip:


At the end of the day, there was a pay on the day class, I was running Skye for the first time, he was a good boy, I didn't expect we have a clear round but I wanted to do some training with him at the open show, so that was a good chance. He was good at the contacts and the jumping but when come around the weave entry, he thought Carlos is so handsome and he just wanted to go and say hello to him, once I got him concentrate, he weave in his own way, didn't put a foot wrong. I need to find more show to take him in for more experience.
Here, we have a video clip of Ann running Titan, usually Ryan is the one that handle this little miscchievious but he wasn't there yesterday so Ann could have a go. As Ann has never work him before so it would be interesting to see:

4 comments:

Hudsondoglets said...

Great result. All the time your rounds are improving and now you have winter to work on different things. Look out 2008!

OBay Shelties said...

I want to see Skye's run! Saturn's run looked really good; nice and quick. But I know he can do much better weaves!

Bernadette

ann said...

I had great fun working him Lian and was so pleased that he ran as well as he did for our first attempt together.Ryan was very cross that he wasn't there and missed out!
Well done on your results, don't be too hard on yourself remember that you were quite poorly this weekend!

Ann xx

Karen said...

Brilliant runs Lian Skyes run was just great too ! kx