Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chasing crows

I like to see Sizzle grows ... everyday is a new chapter for both of us, he has learned a lot since he came to live with me and he also learned something from the other dogs. I have been very careful watching him interacting with the others. I know Sing and Saturn are perfectly "good" behaving dogs and he is allow to learn from them but I am careful to let him interact with Titan and Skye, these two are little barkers, Titan will bark for fun and Skye barks when he is excited, either way is no good. Two noisy shelties are more than enough to upset the neighbours and I do not want a third one! Also, Titan gets a bit nervous when he meets other dogs (especially those big ones and boisterous ones) when we go out walking, he will bark his head off and started shaking when the dogs come closer. There were a couple of time I've noticed when he got nervous and that passed it on to Sizzle.
Sing used to chase squirrels and rabbits and I remembered very well that three four years ago he chased the squirrel and he ended up on the tree himself. I am not exaggerate, the branch was very low and it was a 45 degree angle, so Sing just ran up and up and up, till the end! Of course the branch was curving all the way up and the tree is not low. I nearly had a heart attack (I don't want to lose a dog in this way!) as Sing has realised that he has to somehow come down. Thank God he is always a good dog, so I have to calm myself down and to clam him down by telling him to turn and steady, do you think a two year old dog will go steady? Definitely not, he turned and ran staright down and I was under the tree holding my arms out, hope to catch him when necessary!! Since then, I never take him down that path again!!
Maybe he is getting old and realised he never catch a squirrel or a rabbit, so he started to chase crows in the Common. It is so funny to watch, he really have his eyes on those crows everytime we see one and he also passed this on to Sizzle.
This is not a good video but just show you how these shelties are crazy about crows:

No comments: