Monday, September 29, 2008

sorrow

I am sitting in Gatwick Airport waiting to fly to China to visit my dear brother ... I have at least 6 hours to kill, so I thought I just quickly update my blog before I go. The Internet in this airport is sooooooooooooo slow, I think the snail mail is faster, so hopefully, I can finish this post in one hour!!
The last 10 days have been very difficult, firstly my brother is very poorly, we are hoping the Chinese doctors will treat him well, unfortunately he seems to suffer more pain than he was in Malaysia. The worst thing is the hospital needs CASH everyday! If you haven't have enough cash to pay, they will not treat you, no matter how urgent or how poorly are you!! When my nephew sent me his photos, I was flooded with tears! I can't wait to see him!!
Secondly, Bernadette has lost her precious girl. Eventhough Hex was not my dog but I love that little wicked sheltie, she was the dog that everyone would dream of and when I saw the news on the agility forum, I also collapsed! This world is so unfair!! Why they always take the good ones away far too quickly?
All the boys are in good hands, I know I will miss them terribly! I am missing them now!!
We were at Lincoln over the weekend, 6 hours there and 6 hours back! I think the actual journey could be around 3 hours but the M25 and M1 were dreadful, apart from the traffic, I like show, the people were very nice and the showground was flat and good for human and dogs to run. I have to say I like the courses up there, I found they are more challenging than the one down here. That suit my "steady" shelties better. Sing did well, he came back with three lovely trophies. I am so glad that Lincoln is so generous with their placings and trophies. In most show, they only place to first place in Medium Grade 4 and Sing was always lie in 2nd or 3rd, so no trophy or rosette for him. I was so glad that he earned three trophies this weekend. Saturn wasn't up for running, he knocked 3 bars down in one jumping round, so I have to rest him but he did a nice agility round on Sunday though. I am very pleased with that and he came 4th, just behind Sing.
We also got to meet Breeze, Brian and Rachel's little Tri girl, she is 10 weeks younger than Sizzle. Sizzle and Breeze had a good play, they were so sweet together, I think Brian took some lovely photos of them toghether, hopefully he will send me some when I get home.
I also ran Titan in the All Sort Agility, to my surprised, we did the weave in style, I ran with him from a jump to the weave, he didn't miss the entry and finished the 6 weave poles in speed BUT, he missed the rigid tunnel ahead! Ha!
I also ran Skye in the Grade 3 agility, on Saturday, he was very fast and did very well in the beginning part but then I lost him after the tunnel. I am glad he was up for the run. We tried again on Sunday, the course was hard, even harder than the Grade 4 & 5, he started well, than after the first part, I lost him totally, he suddenly ran off to the hedge, so I have to pick him up and took him out, then to find out he was unwell and sick all over, poor lad!!
... Til I am back.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Hi Lian,
Take care and have a safe trip.
Love, Johanna