Monday, September 08, 2008

Stour Valley

I am so glad that Stour Valley went ahead with their show. Despite the cold wet windy weather, we had a very nice relaxing weekend in the well drain showground. We didn't get there till 9pm on Friday night, it was pitch black, pouring down with rain while we setting up the garden but the weather has been very kind to us all weekend, both days have the mixture of showers, sunshine and storm and most of all, I know all the people that at the show were enjoying themselves!
We had a good fun weekend. Sing went clear on all his classes and have good places in all of them. He was a very good lad. I wanted to push him for speed but I knew if I did, he will miss his rhythm in the weave which we have tried at Letchworth and failed each time! That will be my winter project with my Singy B! All in all, I have to say Sing worked really well this weekend.
As for Saturn, I don't really know what is going on with him. He just doesn't seem to gain his speed back after his biopsy operation, maybe he needs more rest? His contacts are still dodgy, so we need to work on that over the winter after his good rest.
As for Sizzle, I have to say I have left him quite a bit this weekend. I wasn't helping on Saturday but the weather was not good enough to take him out and play. I was helping on Sunday and he was trying to escape many times due to boredom!!
On Saturday, we had the mini/mixi jumping pairs at the end of the day. It was a fun class. Thanks to Andy Longley, we have an "evil" course. The course had two parts, the small jump the same course and the medium and large jump the same course. I think the Medium/Large course was easier than the Small course. There were 20 pairs but NO 2 clear rounds in a pair!!! At the end, Eleanor & Ian won the pairs with one elimination; Bracken and Sing got 2nd with Bracken decided to take the medium jump to get herself eliminated. Saturn was pairing with Kodac, unfortunately the two boys got too excited and get themselves eliminated! Hehehe ...
On Sunday, we have Trio Team fun class, the Team consisting of one small dog, one medium dog and one large dog. Both Sing and Saturn were in two separate Blachin Teams. What can I say? The Pachesham have a really good weekend, all dogs in the two Teams went clear and we took the 1st and 2nd!!
Colin has slightly damaged the video camera at the KC Festival. He "over used" it in the rain, so the water gets into the camera, it is ok sometimes and sometimes not! He didn't video the individual runs but have captured the Pairs and Teams runs this weekend.
Here are the videos of the Pairs and Teams at Stour Valley and I also put in the Eukanuba Mini/Mixi Pairs ran from Letchworth. That was our first Eukanuba pairs, Matthew and Bracken did a cracking round, unfortunately Saturn knocked a bar down. Their combined time was very fast too, I think if Saturn didn't have a bar down, we will be in the top 5 but it is good to know they made a good pairs!

No comments: