Saturday, May 16, 2009

I LOVE FLYBALL

My Flyball Club, the Wimbledon Whizzers is holding the spring tournament this weekend. I put myself down to help the Team all day today. I really enjoyed my day just helping and not running the dogs. I was at the admin desk doing paperworks with Caroline in the open ring and I think we were a great team helping each other consider we are new to flyball.
I have to say the Wimbledon Whizzers is doing a FANTASTIC job, all I can say is WOW! It was amazing to see the Club organising an Open tournament at the same time running the Starters too. I have been to a few tournaments this year, I have never come across a Flyball Club that run the Starters and the Open in the same day.
We have a mixed weather today. It was very windy and cold, we have sun coming in and out and also a bit of a rain but that don't stop the handlers and the dogs. You can see from everyone's face that how much they enjoyed the day. Shamed that I haven't got a camera and I don't think I have time for the camera either. Hopefully, I will post a link of the photos taken by our own Club photographer Mark later.
Colin has been very good. We took Sing, Saturn and Sizzle with us. Colin was with them all the time when I was working. He took the dogs out for a walk every now and then. I've also got him to bring my mum over for a quick visit but the planned short visit became a very long miserable one for her. Colin said the traffic was bad and he quite prefer to stay if my mum doesn't mind waiting. She is not a doggy person so staying for 6 hours is definitely too much for her!
Luckily after all the runs, our Club decided to have some fun runs, singles and pairs. Wimbledon Whizzers is the most generous Club, normally you have to pay a pound or two to run in the singles or pairs but our Club didn't collect any money. Any dogs are welcome to run. Me & Sing got pair with Chris & Quiver (BC), we have to declare a time. Chris declared Quiver as 5.5 seconds and I declared Sing as 5.9 seconds. There were quite a few pairs there and I knew they are much faster than us but the end result ... we WON! It turned out to be the time we ran is closet to the time we declared! HooRay! We got a 1st place rosette!! What a surprised! I've also ran Sing in the singles, I knew we are not fast compare to the BCs but I love to run Sing, that is his favourite game. He was such a good boy, we have 3 legs and his time were consistent between 5.34 to 5.41. I am very proud of him.
Our Club is amazing, we have a lot of talented people. One of our friends, Meg (Megumi Biddle), she is a Portrait Artist and Illustrator, she draw this gorgeous comic of Me and Sing. I fell over in Febraury tournament and that is a good reminder! For those who do not understand the Chinese Character, that is Sing's name written in Chinese.

I got home today from the Flyball to receive this Good Luck card from our ESSC (English Shetland Sheepdog Club) Working Section wishing me and Sing Good Luck at our European Flyball Champsionship. We shall be leaving for Belgium in about 10 days time. I started to get a little excited now. I have never compete abroad before, this should be a good experienced. I am looking forward to our Belgium trip.


Good Luck card from ESSC Working Section


9 comments:

Sara said...

I love that drawing of you and Sing! It is just wonderful. What a special keepsake.

Sounds like you had a fun day - good people & good times!

Wow - Sing is going to be a world traveler! Good luck!

Hooch n Troops said...

Good luck at the European Flyball Champs...very exciting...go Sing go...and mum stay on your feet! lol

Chris and Ricky said...

Sounds like a fantastic day - glad you had such a good time! Good luck in Belgium - it's going to be exciting and we're looking forward to hearing about it!

Diana said...

That drawing is great! Im glad you guys did so well. Thanks for the things to try on the dogwalk with Miley. Im going to try them and see if she still limps. Diana

Vonnie said...

I just loved the drawing as it's the first thng I saw - brilliant!

Well busy women. good to hear had you a fun filled day and winning 1st woohoo! Hope your mum has recovered from her day out!

Not long now then before your trip! I wish you and Sing loads of good luck - I'm sure you both will do very well!

Macfarlane Dogs said...

Good Luck in Belgium!! x

Karen said...

Good luck Lian, and please keep us updated how you are doing via the blog !! xx

Nat said...

Love the cartoons! :)

Sounds like you had a fab weekend too. Most summer tournaments up here (the frozen North! lol) run starters and open on the same day but the entries up here seem to be a lot higher so it usually requires two rings to fit everything in!

See you in Belgium...I can't wait!!

Nat (and the Bryning clan)

Christine said...

Great news & Good luck, Go the Sing! p.s so glad to see Sizzle is all better