Friday, May 01, 2009

Quick update on Sizzle

my little man travel home in the car today from the vet


I went to pick up my little man from the vet this evening, he was so happy to see me and greet me with his livelier self. Kevin and the nurse told me he definitely bounced back after the Intravenous Fluid drip. They have offered him some food but he wasn't eating any. I have cooked chicken & rice for him before picking him up.
I offered him a tiny amount of chicken & rice after he settled down but he wasn't eating eiter! I've got Sing and Saturn out, pretending I am offering to them, so he started to put his nose in his bowl but really he wasn't eating. At the end, I tried to give him some of his normal food (tin of puppy butcher + Burns mini bite) and he ate them all! YEAH! Then, I sent him to toilet and he again pass the sticky, gluey black poo with fresh blood hanging on his bum. I've told Kevin this morning but he said that is ok as whatever virus he took in, either they come out front end (being sick) or back end. He said it is better it came out from the back as he has given him some injections to help soothing the stomach, so I should expect this kind of poo for a little while but at the same time, he gave me some Promax paste to help improving the poo back to normal. I then offered him some more food three hours later and again he has the same kind of poo. I will give him some Glutalyte before bed and he will be back at the Vet tomorrow morning for a check up.
More update tomorrow.
Thank you to everyone who sends good wishes to Sizzle. I know he is a poppet (well, the nurse at my vet said he was such a good boy and everyone loves him).

7 comments:

Vonnie said...

Good to hear he's home and feeling a bit better! eating too! That picture is way too cute! Big cyber hugs from all us! x

Sara said...

I'm glad Sizzle ate some of his food. That is a good sign! I always worry most when they won't eat.

Yes, everyone loves Sizzle :)

Diana said...

Im glad things are starting to get better. I hope tomorrow they are even more positive. Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Glad to know Sizzle is back at home - hope he rests well tonight and feels much better tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little Sizzle!! Whatever it is you've caught - hope you'll be feeling better in no time at all.

Lots of love from Josh and Jess

Rosie Ison said...

Glad to hear sizzle is on the mend...I hate it when any of my dogs are sick and I worry so much,so I can really imagine what you are feeling too.
Give him a hug from me xxx

Hooch and troops said...

Hi Lian

So sorry to hear about Sizzle...young dogs are very recelient (cant spell!) and little Sizzle will soon be bouncing back to his usual self

xx