Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sizzle and his swamp cooler

Well, I do not know what's wrong with Sizzle but he is definitely not happy yesterday and today at training (his tummy is ok, toilet is good and is eating well). It was cloudy and humid this morning. I think the temperature was between 18c to 20c. It was really muggy, there wasn't any breeze at all. Eventhough it wasn't sunny but I tried the Swamp Cooler on him, that made him even more unhappy. Sizzle does not like to wear coat or heavy harness let alone this heavy wet swamp cooler. This swamp cooler didn't make the dog wet but I didn't wring out the excess so there is water dripping, I need to do a better job. Saturn doesn't mind but Sing gets uncomfortable with it too. This Swamp Cooler really keeps the dog cool, I can feel the body isn't hot, now is the job to get the dogs get used to it. The weather forecast for this weekend is 28c! Yak! I don't think we are able to cope with that sort of heat!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Sizzle. The swamp cooler looks pretty cool on him!
I hope he gets better soon :)

Vonnie said...

Handsome boy :)

Chris and Ricky said...

Poor Sizzle! I bet I would hate that swamp cooler! He looks cute in it though. Maybe he needs some time to adjust to the heat if this is the first real hot spell of the season? Hope he feels better soon!

Natasha said...

Heat definitely isn't fun!! Next week it'll be REALLY hot here (for Canada) and I'm not looking forward to it for the dogs' sakes. Even though he doesn't like it, Sizzle looks really cute in the cooler!

Rhoda said...

I think that it must be something in the genes as Brodie is really bad in the heat. For my birthday my Mum has sent me money for a swamp cooler as I think it might help Brodie at the summer shows. Sizzle and him can look cool together! x