Monday, August 27, 2007

BridgeHouse & Surrey

After a good one week rest from KC Festival, I thought I have enough energy to work hard with my boys ... unfortunately NOT! We didn't do too well, mainly my handling problems!! Sing again tying so hard to pleased me and brought back a 3rd rosette and a little trophy from BridgeHouse on 1-3 Agility. His running Dog Walk was beautiful and I was very pleased with his performance. We didn't placed in the Jumping, his little legs are not fast enough compare to those leggy Poodles and fast BCs! Instead, Saturn surprised me with a 4th in the 1-3 Jumping. I didn't think we did well in that round as he was slow to start with, watching those fast dogs screaming around the course, I would not think we will be placed.
Toady at Surrey is definitely not my day! I love the 3-5 Jumping and Agility courses, they were very nice and need a bit of handling but I messed up the Jumping round with both boys. Saturn had his go first. He was doing well until we came to the tricky bit (the 2nd time around the long tube tunnel), I called him too early and he came out from the entrance, I have to send him back which we got 5 faults on that. Even with the fault, his time was pretty fast, he would have place 2nd if there is no mistake with the time he finished! Sing was a good boy but he messed up on the weave, he got the entry but with no reason, I called his name (stupid woman!!) and he looked at me and picked the 3rd pole but his tunnel bit was lovely.
Then, the boys both went clear on the 1-6 Helter Skelter, again Sing was not fast enough but Saturn got a 5th in that class.
At the end of the day, we have the 3-5 Agility. It was not a fast course, need a bit of handling, suit me and the dogs just right, unfortunately, Sing got marked on the Dog Walk!! He picked up his speed after the A Frame and surprisingly his weave was fast too! As for Saturn, he DID NOT freeze on top of the A Frame, that was a good sign (Hooray!!)!! I didn't want to stop him at the bottom for his target as I want him to GO for it, he didn't get mark on that though but he was marked on the Dog Walk but again, he didn't slow down on the Dog Walk, another good sign!! I am hoping to do a few up and down contacts to start with and hopefully to bring his confidence back then in the wimter, hope to shape his target! That's my aim!
Saturn: Look! I can do it without open my eyes!
I like these two photos of Sing, his turn is getting tighter! He is too slow to compete with those leggy dogs, a tight turn will always help to cut off some time!!

2 comments:

Hudsondoglets said...

It's so annoying when you feel you've messed up a round. But, there are loads of positives from your weekend and it's good that you have projects to work on for the winter. Like you I have to work on my contacts!

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

Eyes closed and still managed a placement - very impressive!