Monday, February 04, 2008

C Side February show

We went to C Side yesterday, as usual, it was freezing cold and always a great show with friendly people, nice judges and lovely courses to run! Saturn was a bit naughty in the morning on the both 1-3 Agility and Jumping. He missed his contact and I was glad that judge Bernadette allowed me to put him back on the A Frame. In the Jumping round, he was frustrated at the beginning, I don't really know why but there was a dog tried to snatch him just before we went in the ring, it could be it? But when he gather himself half way through the course, it was good, he flew with nice speed.
Later in the afternoon, we have 1-7 classes. The jumping course was a bit tricky, there were 3 jump of your choice, you can jump either directions as long as you jump all three. All people use them as a snake and so do I, is just depending which way of the snake you prefer and I choose to run the inside bit. Sing was the first one up in this class, he was left in the car for 7 hours since we got there so he was very excited when he get the chance to run. Eventhough he is not a speedy dog but I think he did a lovely snake and his weave was very nice. Next up is Saturn. I plan to run him the same as I ran Sing, the snake version but it ended up him prefer a pull through, I was shocked when he took his first pull through, so I have to do another pull through to make it look like we are doing a pull through, unfortunately we got eliminated for doing that! I didn't take it too seriously after all it is just a show. Then, we started talking to friends about it and I was curious the way I did the pull through will put us to an "e'd", so I went to check with Lisa and she told me I shouldn't have penalised for doing that, at the same time, judge Sue came to apologize and asked me and Saturn to have a rerun for time. Ha! I haven't prepare for that but luckily Colin was there with the boys and off we went in for another run but this time, we did a SNAKE and Saturn came 4th in the Jumping round! That feel good! Saturn is on form again!! Unfortunately NOT!! In the agility round, he got his A Frame contact, didn't stop on top or slow down but right at the target point which made me very happy. As we went up the Dog Walk, he was fast then stop at the white bit (not at the target point), when I asked him to touch, he went further to do his target but I wasn't too happy about the hesitation so we finished just there! As for Sing, he missed his Dog Walk and pull out at 10th pole!! I think he got too hyper as he was barking mad at the start line and he was dashing too fast uncontrollably!
Oh yes! I did ran Titan for the first time since Lansdown. He was not perfect but is good to start with, he only ran away once in the ring to say hello to the ring party, just before he was thinking to say hello to judge Bernadette, I made sure I stop him and I am so happy he did listen! Again, his didn't get his weave entry, I knew this is the big issue at the moment but I was glad when he gets into the weave, he was fast, not slowing down. In the Jumping ring, he was a mischeivious!!

2 comments:

helenm said...

Nice rounds,both Saturn and Sing look really keen,you must be pleased!

Lorna said...

Well Done with the sheltie Boys :)

Lorna x