Monday, February 18, 2008

sad

I've subscribed to the Dog Lost and I receive emails from them very often (well, when there is a dog went missing!!). Just for the last few days, there are already two shelties were reported LOST! Thank God, Sophie was found SAFE on the same day near a railway line!!! Angus is still missing!!
Just as we enjoyed the good weather over the weekend, Joan rang to tell us she "caught" a Jack Russell Terrier and needed help. On Saturday, Joan was on her way home from the Common with her shelties, she saw a JRT (white with black) running loose on the street approaching every single person and she particularly likes children. She was about to tell the kids and the mum off for letting the poor dog running loose and was surprised to be told she is not their dog!! Anyway, Joan managed to lure the JRT to her and brought her indoor. She rang the police, RSPCA, dog warden ... and they kept passing her around, poor old Joan was so tired after 20 calls with no results. We spent 3 hours in the Common yesterday looking for posters and asked every single person we met if they know anybody lost a JRT ... Joan went to a few houses around the Common to knock on their doors to ask if they lost a dog ... by the end of the late afternoon still nobody claims her. Joan is getting desperate to get rid of her because she is a very excitable dog and the three shelties were very upset of her jumping on them! I was very sad and do not know what do with the poor girl, she looks very young, I would guess she is between 18 months to 2 years old. Very lively and smart, I thought I would keep her for agility but NO, I am a sheltie person!!
About 5pm, finally a couple of police officers turned up at Joan's. We guess they are from the Sutton police station as Joan rang a few stations and they kept passing her around. I was holding the dog when they arrived so the policeman asked me if I could put her in the van for them, as I put the dog in the big metal frame, I wish I would have claim her. Eventhough we were told she will be ended up in Battersea but I thought we could have find a better home for her!
I don't know if her owner is looking out for her? Or does she really have a owner? Or she has been dumped? She wore a "show" brown leather round collar without a tag and the collar is so big which we can't imagine that was belong to her!!
I was very sad all weekend and I hope all dog owners are really taking care of their dogs.

1 comment:

ELIN said...

Shelties are wonderful! Mine disappeared on Christmas and I have been sad as well.