Wednesday, February 06, 2008

TRAVEL LODGE RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have entered the boys at Chippenham and I thought if we can find somewhere to stay on Saturday night that would make life easy, at least we don't have to wake up early and drive a long way!
I knew Travel Lodge takes dogs so they are on our list to search for a place to stay for the night. After searching on the Internet and found Warminster branch is the closet. I've rang Warminster to book a room and the staff told me she can't take my booking over the phone because March is a long way away and suggested I book it online. We have tried to book the room online but their server was down and we returned two hours later to rebook and was happy we managed to find a decent price room. When I checked on my email later to find the confirmation letter from Travel Lodge gave me a heart attack!!
Instead of confirming my booking at Warminster, they sent me to Stonehenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I quickly rang Stonehenge to check with them but the stafff there was very unhelpful, they said I cannot cancel the booking and I cannot do this and I cannot do that, after a very bad telephone conversation, she suggested I email Travel Lodge so I did. After I have not hear from them for 48 hours, I sent another email and this time I saw a note saying they will take 10 working days to reply to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck????????????????? There is no telephone number you can ring them and all you can do is WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, £39 is not a lot of money but I don't want to go and stay in Stonehenge, what is the point to stay an hour away from Chippenham? I rather go from home, it only took me 3 hours!!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Try this number 08444 822878 it's the booking support line and I found thme very helpful when a TL I had booked had to move me as they were closed due to flooding.
Don't tell them how many dogs you have as there is a limit of 2.

Lian said...

Thanks, Paula. After a few "arguement" and the evidence I sent in within 24 hours, they finally agreed to refund! YEAH!

Lorna said...

Yep a 2 dog limit AND they charge £10 a dog!!!!!! Even for Poodles who don't moult !!!

Glad you got it sorted :)

Lorna x