Monday, March 03, 2008

C Side March Final Show

We went to C Side yesterday to celebrate Mother's Day doing more agility!! I can't believe it was warm and sunny!! Very unusual weather for C Side!! You guys must think I am mad but I ran Skye, Saturn, Titan and Sing!! I just want to get fit myself before Crufts!! This was the last run before Crufts, so better get full runs of it!!
I was hesitated if I should run Skye as most of you know that he is not a strong healthy dog and I was glad I did. He had a clear round and put him into a 3rd place! I won't say he has a great speed but he did try very hard and there weren't many clear rounds!! That was only his 2nd show and I am now decided I will run him in one agility round when I go to show with the others.
Saturn also trying very hard but I guess he wasn't feeling right. We were very busy last week, non-stop training for this poor lad since Wednesday, so 5 days in a row is definitely too much for him! He pulled out at the 10th weave pole when we were training with Toni on Friday and the same on Saturday with Natasha. That got me worried a little. He wasn't barky (at all!!) at the startline yesterday. His speed dropped after two runs, especially on the weave and at the 1-7 Jumping, he pulled out again at 10th pole but I decided not to put him back and let him run to the finishing line. His contacts were hit and miss. The first agiltiy run, he was solid on the DW but leap off the A Frame, due to some circumstances, I didn't put him back. In the Final, I tried to release him quick before he leap off the A Frame and his DW was iffy. I guess I was worried and because I cannot train him in the final and I have realised I eye-balled him to make sure he got his contacts and that made it worst!! In his final agility run, I tried not to eye-ball him and take time to priase him on the A Frame but when came to the DW, he didn't put his 2 front paws on the ground, just as I am about to pick him up, he did it, so I have to let go at this point. He is feeling very poorly today, so he is on the rest.
I also ran Titan in the 1-3 Agility, he was a good boy too, he only lost his attention once, which was a good start.
Sing also had two runs in the afternoon, he went clear at both Jumping and Agility. I didn't wait for the classes to finish so I don't know if he got a place but I was very happy that he got his DW again. That's the main thing!
I told myself not to keep buying the photographs but these three pictures are pricelss!
Skye aiming for the straight line "GO ON"

Saturn: mum, I can't turn any tighter!!

me: SEE-SAW ....

here is the montage of some runs, Colin was very tired and didn't take all of the runs, I was very disappointed as I would like to see Saturn's agility runs to see where did we got wrong!!! Luckily, he managed to take one of his agility run!!

1 comment:

Macfarlane Dogs said...

What fantastic photos Lian!! They really show how much your dogs are enjoying themselves. Gr8 runs, and what a good way to end your pre crufts training!