Monday, March 31, 2008

dust free 10 days

We took the dogs and caravan with us to Dashin' Dogs on Good Friday, thanks to Colin's good advice, we left at 7am to avoid the traffic and drove all the way there to find the whole show is cancelled. I should have check my email while we stop for the toilet trip but I forgot I have a brand new iPhone! While we were off the motorway, I saw a lot of doggie caravans drove from the opposite direction and I asked Colin where are all these people go and he said they might be going to Ardingly!! There you go, we carry on driving and sunk at the entrance!! Luckily there was a tractor to tow us out!!
Well, after the disaster start, I have to ring up the caravan park in Peak District where we are going for holiday to see if they have an empty spot for us and thank God, due to the bad weather, they have 5 cancellations and we were able to get there a few days early.
More about the holiday and Spring at Shuttleworth later ...
While we were away, my friend Jim carries on working on the garage for us so we can enjoy dust free house for 10 days!! The house is in the right mess for nearly 3 weeks now and I am very stress facing this situation and I can't wait to finish it off quickly.
When we got back on Sunday night, the house looks very different! This is our new window to replace the garage door:
and the inside is looking good ... the electric cables are all fixed, the plaster board is up and now we need some guy to come in to plaster the wall and a ceiling guy to come in to fix the drop ceiling, then emulsion, then carpet, then we can start moving furniture in!! Oh, I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

Welcome home! The garage is beginning to take shwp nicely :)

Hudsondoglets said...

Wow, you've been very busy. The new room is looking good. Your holiday looked wonderful despite all the weather conditions you encountered!