Wednesday, September 23, 2009

agility news and Sizzle update

We have a good agility weekend. We went to a local UKA show on Friday, both Sing and Saturn won their classes. Sizzle's tummy is playing up again, I ran him in the Steeplechase class, he wasn't his usual speed, he was rather casual, I think he did it because I want him to, poor boy and bad mummy! He got a 2nd in that class.


On Saturday, we went to Stour Valley, eventhough I haven't have first class in the morning but I have to go early because I was helping. Stour Valley is a very nice friendly show. I managed to help and run two dogs in few classes. Sing surprised me with his first win towards Grade 7! WooHoo! For my non-UK friends, we need 4 wins (at least 2 in agility) to go up to Grade 7. Sing won the Graded 5-7 Jumping. It was a big surprised as I never dream Sing will have a jumping win. I didn't even go and check my time after I ran my dogs, I went straight back to help in the ring. Later I heard from the tannoy that my name and Sing's name being called to realised he won the class. It was very emotional for me. I was crying all the way to get my trophy and cried all the way back to the ring I was helping. It was a tricky course, lot of dogs got trap with the weave entry (you need to weave twice!) and tunnel entrance. Sing was listening and I managed to do a lot of front crosses in this course, I know that slow him down but I heard there is only 2 clears in this class! Saturn got to run the same course but he got eliminated for going into the wrong end of the tunnel! The person that won Grade 5 had a time fault! Can you imagine how tough is that course? Sorry no video, as Colin went missing!


Sing did alright in the agility, he came 4th and Saturn got faulted at every single contacts, so 15 faults in total! In the Jumping pairs, Saturn pair with his usual partner Bracken. Brax did a fantastic round but Saturn messed up the weave! He was so fast that he missed a couple of poles! Sing was pairing with the new kid on the bloack Ziga. Ziga won the Agility and went up to Grade 4, this is only his 2nd show! That was a smashing round and he won by quite a margin! Ziga and Lizzy worked brilliantly in the pair and did some baby mistakes, Sing also messed up the weave! So, no places but we all having great fun together!


We finished early but I continue to work a bit before setting home to play with puppies!


On Sunday, we went to Trent Park. It was the last Eukanuba mini/mixi pairs heat of the year. Sing wasn't looking good that morning, he looked a bit stiff and he was slow in the Jumping. When we did the agility round, he almost trot along on the DW, then I know he must have hurt himself again. I was right, he pulled his shoulder again, the same one that he had pulled two weeks ago. I was trying to contact the physio we used to go to but she was away. I am resting Sing, only lead walking for him. It is a torture for him, he thought he did something wrong and he thinks this is a punishment! How can I explain to him this is for his own good?


Saturn for a change, becomes an angel. He won the Combined 3-5 Jumping by a BIG margin! 6 seconds! It wasn't a tricky course but again, lot of dogs got caught in the weave entry and the tunnel. Saturn has not even look at the tunnel this time and he did the snake and push through perfectly. Should I squeeze Colin again? He went missing when I ran Saturn, so no video! Arrrgghhh ...


In the Agility run, he surprised me by getting every single contacts! He did his 2o/2o on the DW and when I released him, he was still glue to the contact! I wonder if I confused the poor dog again. I just don't seem to understand what we are doing now. On Saturday, he missed his contacts and today he did all his contacts!


In the Eukanua mini/mixi pairs, it was a fast course again, no tricky bit at all, we came 7th. Hopefully we accumulate enough points to take us to Crufts next year. So far, we have 2 x 2nds; 1 x 13th; 1 x 10th and 1 x 7th.



What about Sizzle? I can't explain why he still has upset tummy. He has been on and off having upset tummy and everytime when he has his upset tummy, I rest him and do no training. He has been quite poorly since Thursday, he keeps stretching his stomach and with loose toilet. He cannot hold his toilet at night for the last few nights and every morning we woke up with his mess everywhere in the house, poor boy! I have taken him to see the vet and we did some tests and all the results came back today to say he is NORMAL, no problems. Weird! I am getting more and more frustrated about this. I just don't know how to treat it. I can't keep changing his food. I have tried out a few brands and it makes no different. His first KC debut supposed to be this Sunday but I don't think we are able to make it as Sing and Sizzle are poorly. It is good to have a weekend free from agility.


here are the pairs video from our weekend:

5 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments!

Do you think Sizzle's tummy problems might have something to do with Colin going missing? Maybe Sizzle and Colin are hanging out at the pub drinking beer? LOL.

Just teasing Colin. I sure hope you can figure out a cure for Sizzle's tummy problems. Poor boy.

OBay Shelties said...

You should definitely make it to crufts with those placings! Fingers crossed.
Congrats on Sing and Saturn's wins( althought I should have gotten immediate texts about those!!) That is fab and I am really pleased for both boys.

Diana said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend. Collin, dont you know we, the agility community, are counting on you to do your job, you cant go missing. (lol) Sorry about Sizzle. I hope you figure out what is happening soon.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he'll grow out of it? Jessie in particular had a lot of trouble with upset tummies/diarrhea until she was close to 18 months old. It has now settled down.
We'll keep our paws crossed for the Sizz-man.

Josh and Jessie

Vonnie said...

Brill Lian! You must be so proud of your boys! Crufts here you come! Now Colin, get out the beer tent and get that camera switched on! LOL! I just love wee Brax she is super!