Monday, September 07, 2009

Letchworth agility show

We were away again this pass weekend at Huntingdon Racecourse for another very nice long weekend agility show. It has been very windy on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Thursday and Friday were the worst two days. We were camping with my friend Marion and her family, we arrived around mid-day on Thursday and we struglled to put the awning up. On Friday, the wind was so strong that it blown many large dogs off the Dog Walk, at the end, some judges have to change the courses by removing the Dog Walk and See-Saw. In one of Saturn's agility class, the judge has already started the class a few hours and have no choice to take out the DW & SS and replaced by two A Frames, this meant, he has to run the class all over again! We were the last class of the ring, so we didn't finished till 6pm!
I really enjoyed Letchworth, it is a very nice show, they have 10-11 rings! Quite a big class in Sing's and I have to say I really like all my Grade 6-7 courses. They all needed handling and they were very tricky. I didn't managed a clear round with Sing in all his agility classes this weekend but we did all the difficult bits perfectly and got him faulted/eliminated on the easy bit. I think I need to concentrate till the end of the course! I am very pleased with Sing, he did some lovely rounds though. Unfortunately he got injured on Sunday. Our first class was a Jumping course, he didn't look fast nor too slow, so I didn't take it seriously until we were running in the Agility, it was a handling course, so no fast start, when he was up on the DW, he basically walk over the plank, that is not like Sing and I was aware that something might be wrong but he carried on and he ran up the A Frame slowly, I knew there must be something very wrong with him. When he came out from the ring, a few people told me he didn't look right so I quickly took him over to Ray Tant on site. Ray said the joints between his neck and shoulder are out so he did a few flickers to put him right for me. Thank God! That is such a worried. I can see after Ray treated him, he feels so comfortable that he wants to run again! Poor boy, he just wanted to work all the time!
Saturn again was a very good boy, he was very happy and running in a good speed. We still have the contacts problem but nevermind that, we have the whole winter to sort that out (I hope!), we have a couple more shows to finish off this season, I just wanted him to be happy and enjoys his run. In the pairs, he was very enthusiastics and keen to go. I know whenever I hold him back (2nd to go in the pairs), he always get so excited and just powered! We managed a 2nd in the Jumping this weekend; 13th in the Eukanuba pairs with Brax and 6th in the Small/Medium Jumping pairs with Brax again on Sunday.
I have also noticed that his weave is getting better as well, last weekend, he popped out a lot but this weekend he has not put a foot wrong on the weave, he got all his entries and weave in style. WooHoo, I feel really good and we didn't get eliminated at all.
The other thing that I need to work on him is the start line wait, he was a little naughty on that for the last few shows, he released himself before I released him so that gave me a silly start most of the time!
I only picked a few clips from the weekend, at the end of the vidoe is a little blooper from me and Saturn, I thought he looks so naughty on the contacts, it made me laugh whenever I watch the clip, so I am going to share with you. Luckily the judge was very kind to allow me to put him back on the DW:

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

What a good weekend you had with the boys! Love watching wee Brax she is so petite and fast! Saturn has stepped up a gear! Makes the handling for you more aarrgghhhh!

Sara said...

10-11 rings! Wow that is huge! I can't even imagine.

Saturn is great! I love watching him do his runs. He does look like he is having fun.