Monday, November 20, 2006

more agility

It has been very quiet (for agility shows) since September! Our last KC open show was at Trent Park where Sing won his Starers Jumping, well done boy! I'm so proud of him gaining his both Agility & Jumping Titles.


picture above: Sing on the see-saw

We went to C Side Agility Show yesterday. We had to wake up at 5:45am, getting everything ready for the day, set out about 6:45am and got there about 8am. It was cold, freezing cold (about 1c) and wet.
We started with Seagull in the morning. Seagull? Yes, I thought I give him a chance to perform himself. He didn't do too badly though. It was a bit of a shamed that we got eliminated at the Agility course but he did tried very hard. He is just Seagull, can't ask too much from the poor little soul. He then go on to have a CLEAR ROUND in jumping!! His last rosette! When our names were called, they ran out of rosette!! We have to wait for them to send us one!
It was a long day, the show seems to go on forever and I was waiting for ages to run Sing. I knew I will not get more from Seagull but hope Sing will have a good run in the afternoon.
Finally, the time came and Sing was ready for his first round in the Agility ring. He was so eager and he shoot off from the start line. It was so unfortunate we have a 5 faults on the Dog Walk. He normally has a very good contact at the Dog Walk but not yesterday!! He then went on to clear the round.


picture above: Sing on the Dog Walk
After the Agility, we have to wait a long time again to run again! Outside, the temperature started to drop and pouring down and dark! I was very depressed from the environment, I think I must be exhausted. Watching the big ones (Border Collies) jumping the course was fun, most of them were super fast dogs and of course not all accurate. It was a twisty turning course, some speedy dogs got eliminated.


picture above: Sing Jumping my favourite picture of him!


I thought I will not have a clear round with Sing in the Jumping course but again, he proved me wrong!! He is a not a fast dog but a very realiable dog. He did all the jumps perfectly, tight turning and the best of all, he got his Weave Entry correctly and continue to speed up in the weaves. We finished the course in 30 seconds, the fastest dog finished at 25 seconds!! Not a bad one. Before we run the course, I thought that would be a nightmare but when we managed the clear round, I thought it was a good one! hahaha ...

picture above: Sing weaving

The next show (another limited one) will be in 3 weeks time. Saturn will be in the show, for the first time. He recently lost his plot due to some "accident", I need to get his enthusiasm back and hopefully he will have a nice round when we go to competition.



picture above: Sing go through the Tyre




No comments: