Thursday, November 23, 2006

who sleeps on our bed?

I was chatting to a little friend (I am 20 years her senior!!) of mine back home yesterday. She asked me: Who sleeps on your bed? Well, she means which dog? I replied: All of them! She then carry on to say: I thought only Sing sleeps on your bed?

Sing is my special baby and he always has the priority for everything. He is the only dog that I can trust when off the lead, he never let me down at any circumstances!

Before we have the pups, Sing was the only one that slept on our bed. Seagull will join us on the bed when you ask him to. I did restricted him sleeping on our bed when he was younger due to his toilet problem. He did messed a few times on our bed, especially on Colin's side. Since he has housebroken, he is allow on the bed with the others.

When Saturn and Titan came home, Colin asked me: Where are these planets sleep at night? I answered him straightaway: With us! I never leave any of the dogs on their own since the first day they come home, they are a family member and I like them to be closed to us. I knew that the pups will mess up the place but I just can't leave them downstairs. Luckily our bedroom is the beginnig of the landing, so I built a puppy pen and left them inside the pen with a lot of newspaper around. We always have our bedroom door open, so they can hear us and I can talk to them, so they are still close to us. Once they housebroke, they are in the bedroom with us. I did the same to Starry and Skye.

The only problem is, we have SIX dogs now, we cannot have all of them on the bed all night like we did to Sing and Seagull before. I am very glad that they are all very well behaved dog. If I am having a nap in the afternoon, they will be all in the bed with me; at night, before going to bed, Colin and I like to read so all of them are on the bed with us but once we turn the light off and I tell them: bed bed. They will all happily jump off the bed and find their own spot in the bedroom. In the morning, when Colin's alarm goes off, they will all straight up on the bed again while their daddy is getting ready to work. Aren't they sweet?


picture above: Saturn & Skye like our comfy bed!

No comments: