Monday, April 16, 2007

weekend at Shuttleworth

We didn't have a successful weekend at Shuttleworth. First we were stuck on M25 for ages to get to Shuttleworth on Friday, then we park the caravan miles away from the rings, at least 10 minutes each way (not joking)!! Again, I wasn't well since Friday night, don't know what's wrong but I got so grumpy and tension and this has affect Sing and Saturn's performance over the weekend (these two are very close to me and they always sense that I am not "right").

On Saturday morning, it was all misty when we started, at one point, I was wondering if the dog can see me in the fog or can the judge judge properly from a distance. Anyway, we all tried our best. Both Sing and Saturn performed well in the morning, eventhough there both got a 5 faults each but I am very happy with Saturn, he is getting better and more confidence. Both of us need a lot more experience to get a place.

After the sun came out around 10:30, it became very hot, everyone tried to find a shelter, my poor boys were all hiding underneath the caravan and they were all covered in grease!! They all have a good bath yesterday, they are fresh and clean now. Back to the subject, we had Jumping in the afternoon, Sing went clear and got a 6th in the Combined Jumping class. I wasn't too pleased as I know he can run faster but I cannot blame the poor boy, it was too hot and he was panting while we joint the queue.

In the late afternoon, we went in the Helter Skelter ring, it was partly shaded, so it wasn't too bad and both boys were very fast and they both got clear round. It was a bit tricky compare to a normal HS, it got a difficult weave entry and I was so pleased that both boys find the entry and weave nicely.

On Sunday, again, we have a foggy morning to start the agility. Sing was very fast and sharp but he got a 5 at the Dog Walk which is my fault of risking his contacts! Then, again I repeat the same mistake with Saturn, he also got a 5 at the Dog Walk. I have now go back to the very basic training with all the contacts!

The Jumping class was in the afternoon when it was red hot, Saturn has a lovely round, unfortunately he got stuck in cloth tunnel and we have a 5 on that. As for Sing, to amaze me, he got an E! It was my fault again, I told him to go tunnel and he did but the wrong one!! Hahaha ... I need to improve my handling, when I look back at all the video taken this weekend, I nearly choked to death, what a terribly handler I am!!!

Here is the video of Sing at the Combined Jumping:


This is Sing after he had 3 runs in a hot day!

Saturn is my future hope


It is just too HOT, the boys found the coolest spot, underneath the caravan!

No comments: