Monday, April 30, 2007

It's a kind of MADNESS ... no more ice-cream, no more cakes, no more chocolates!!!

I had a fabulous time at the Sheltie Agility Show yesterday ... I have some good runs with Sing & Saturn in Agility and Jumping in the morning, both boys did very well. After lunch, we have some fun classes, Helter-Skelter, Pairs and Circular Knockout.

The Circular Knockout was the last thing in the ring and the highlight of the day!! There were only 48 dogs took part in the CK this year, the others who were not taking part were all sitting by the ring side cheering for their mates.

I must gone very mad ... I've entered both Sing and Saturn in the CK! Well, I never thought I would get around the first round with any of my boys. Last year, Sing got knockout straightaway, the other dog was so fast and we got caught up on the weaves, how embarrassed!!


This year, I don't know whether Sing has improved or the other dogs were slow, he only got knockout at the 3rd round, not bad, huh? As for Saturn, he was brilliant, he did very well, he got knockout at the 4th round by Indira & Ebony (the winning pair!). This put him on 3rd placed! And he definitely knocks his mum out too!!

As for me, after 3 + 4 rounds of going round and round the circle, I was totally knackered at the end! When I was in with the boys, I have no idea I will be able to make it but all the cheers keep my spirit up and I was going faster and faster and I wasn't sure was it the dogs that suppose to do the running or me!! Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot and I am definitely back for next year!


After we got home, I stand on the scale and I have lost 2.5kgs! What a day of running make? Well, definitely no more ice creams, no more cakes, no more chocolates!! I need to keep fit and be able to keep up the running ... Look! Agility is good, not only you get to meet people and dogs but you live healthy by running and at the end of the day you have not aware you have lost some weight!!

9 comments:

A A A =) said...

First of all, congratulations to Saturn! Koko, the white t shirt you wear, is Sing's picture printed on it? Well, I didn't see it clearly but i think it is Sing/ Saturn's pictures! It is so cute!!!

Lian said...

To Angel, the Sheltie T Shirt I was wearing was given by Boy. He got me when he transited in Hong Kong before visiting in Easter. That is not a picture of Sing or Saturn, just a sheltie. It is in the laundry now so cannot send the picture.

Hudsondoglets said...

Looks like you had a great day. Your agility pairs round was fantastic, shame about the dog walk very close but still brilliant to get 2nd place.

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

WOW! Glad to konwn our chearing spured you on :)
Next year you gonna win!
Check out the Sheltie day on Chi's blog to see pics of you and Saturn Lian

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

Maybe you should get Colin to help you out next year and run a dog for you?

helenm said...

You had better get down the gym before next year's show 'cos you'll have 4 dogs to run in the circular knockout!!

helenm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

looking forward to the sheltie show next year !! well done looks like losds of fun karen and todd xx

Lian said...

To Lisa, you don't really want to see Colin running the dog ... he is a bit clumsy and it is likely that he jumps the hurdle than the dogs!!