Thursday, May 31, 2007

SUPA(muddy)DOG

What was I doing when everyone goes to SUPAmuddyDOG?
I was pretty lucky with Supadog so far, I've entered the first day and the last day (don't know why). The weather was dry on Saturday but the day parking was a nightmare, I have to walk miles to get my dogs, especially when you have to run 2 dogs in the same class!! I am thinking to skip my runs today, the weather forecast said it is going to have heavy shower later on. I rather stay indoor and they boys need a good break too.
We went to Cippenham on Sunday, it was pouring down and it was freezing cold.
Then, I spent Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday shaving the cat and decorating the small room! I feel sorry for those people that camp at SupaDog, especially some of my friends staying in their tents, I hope they managed to keep dry and warm.
Sing was doing alright at the shows but Saturn was a "naughty" boy last weekend, his mind drifted off when we went into the rings, mainly he missed the weaves. I need to get him to concentrate. There are a lot to work on with him, hopefully he will settle down for Thames.

The Poddlely Persian!!

Tikka does not like a proper grooming, he only like a gentle brush. He normally get himself in a terrible knotted stage just before Summer. We sent him to animal groomers but they will not take him the 2nd year as he scratched the poor ladies that tried to shave him. We went to few places and the last one (2006) was to the Vet. He charged £150 to clean shaven him!! Colin decided we should have a go as we can't keep paying £150 a year to shave him. There is no groomer wants to take him anymore (poor cat!!). I am not a great groomer but I think I did a good job because the cat didn't scratch me at all and he was actually puuring!

2 comments:

Karen said...

ha ha poor Tikka, same name an my poodle and she does not like to be groomed either perhaps its in the name !!

helenm said...

You saved youself a fortune there and saved Tikka a lot of stress!
You wouldn't catch me grooming cats for love or money,I tried it once and spent 2 hours in A and E!
Enjoy sheltie camp,I hope you've packed your earplugs!