Sunday, July 15, 2012

I am a "bully"!

Well, weather hasn't been improved, my garden finally look like a swamp! Showing the viewers around is a nightmare with a soggy garden :( ... then, the shelties go in and out of the garden through the dog flap and the kitchen tile got muddy paw print ... I am constantly cleaning/mopping. I finally joined in the moaning group and I want the rain to stop now!

Today, the weather is dry so far but the big black cloud keep passing overhead. We had an hour of lovely sunshine and I got to get out in the garden and do some weave. WooHoo! I am getting very lazy, but thinking that Sonic is old enough to do the UKA show from 19th July, I am excited and at the same time nervous. We haven't done anything for ages, the garden ground is too slippery to do anything for the last week. I fell over once when I went out to clean up the garden (doggie poo!). 

This morning, I pulled out 24 poles, yes 2 sets of 12 weave. I wanted to see if Sonic can do that. I normally will train him first then maybe do something with Sizzle, Sipzie and Saturn; but today, I decided I will train Saturn first. Sonic was so angry, his bark got louder and louder and it turned into crying when I train Sizzle! Hehehe ... bad mummy, teasing him!

Saturn is always a good weaver. I trained him at Bernadette since he was a puppy and she trained him well. I cannot fault his weave at all. His weave is his best and strongest obstacle of all. I can send him into the weave from varies angles and directions and he can weave independently ... he is just a good weaver! And, he is not slow :) Bless him, I have not train him for nearly 2 years now and not competing with him. This morning, he showed me he is still the best boy!


After a good break, Sizzle's speed finally comes back, a bit scary really. My garden is too small to do a course but we can put in little sequences and I ran him over the Dog Walk many times, he was fast and he missed the contact zone by miles! 10 out of 10 :( We did straightline and turn and every single one of them is OUT! Dear dear dear!! I think he has some homework to do! He is small but mighty :)

Oops about Sonic! His weave is still not great! He is a crazy little sheltie, bark bark bark before he starts running and he is so head strong as well. He thinks he know where he is going :) I don't mean to train the 24 poles but I thought I'd like to see what they do when there are more than 12 poles. He started well but kept popping out at 22nd pole, I tried that 3 times with me running with him, holding back slightly and running past, every single time, he pop out at 22nd pole! Or, he was so fast from the red tunnel into the weave, he either slipped and went into 2nd or 3rd pole or ran past it ... I think we need to do more "collecting" practice! But, he did managed the 24 poles twice and I stop then. He was exhausted and I can see him slowing down.

We've been walking the dogs to different places lately and that involved a lot of pavement walking. I always take Sing, Saturn, Sizzle and Sonic; Colin will take Seagull and Sipzie. Colin thinks that I am a bully because many times when we walk on the pavement towards the Common or going to the Park or Pollards Hill, when I saw cyclist coming my way, I never give way, in fact, I just walk like normal and push the cyclist to detour or stop and give way to me and my shelties. I've learned that cyclist is not allow on the pavement, they should ride on the road. I am not that bad, I give way to pedestrian and we passed by politely, I never cause trouble but I am very strong and I stand up for myself. 

As we approached Pollards Hill this morning, Colin called me "bully" again :(. Well, as we walk up the hill and about to cross to go into the park, I saw a man with a pitbull by the park gate. I thought he was coming out, so I got all the dogs to sit and wait (good practice as I do that very often while out walking), as the minute tick by, he still standing there, in front of the gate with his dog loose. My shelties were very well behaved but I lost my patient and about to release them. Suddenly, the man asked if I want to go into the park and I replied  yes. He said, can I let him come out first, I replied politely "sure". I got the shelties to sit and wait again ... nothing happened? He still standing in front of the gate with a loose pitbull. I lost my patient after waiting for 10 minutes, I decided to put the lead on the dogs and ready to go in. He wasn't impressed and he put the lead on his dog. I said to him, I am going in with my dogs and I am happy to put mine on the lead and I just march in like a trooper. He did say something but I didn't hear what he said. I took my boys to one side of the park and soon they settled down I took their lead off and play with them, I knew I have control over mine but thought if he hasn't and mine are on the lead, they will get harm if the pitbull comes to attack them, if they are loose, they can run away from him. I forgot to say, during the sit & wait outside the park gate, we met this young lady, she asked me if the man and the pitbull are coming out and go down the hill, I told her yes as I am waiting for him to come out and let us go in. She told me she is scared as she was about to go down the hill. I told her my lots are friendly and she said she knew that. I didn't realised that when we walked into the park, she actually followed us and sat on the bench while I played with my boys ... she followed us when we left the park. I didn't realised she needed a protection. Hahaha ...

And the other "bully" from me is that Colin complains I made him carry the camera bag, the dogs' toys, the water bowl and water everytime we go out walking. Hahaha ...

Sonic got to tryout this mini floppy flying disc from Clean Run 

The KNIGHTs Shelties on top of Pollards Hill, the housing on the background is Mitcham. I think we will miss this stunning view when we move out from this area.



1 comment:

Vonnie said...

Saturn love how he holds his head when weaving! EH Sizzle just you calm down LOL! Sonic Clever boy! When you have smaller dainty dogs we can't help but be more catious.