Saturday, January 26, 2008

He is my Champion

I showed Colin the videos of the boys swimming at Greyfriars yesterday and he couldn't believe Saturn was brave and keen at the pool. Since this morning was sunny and bright, he suggested I should take Saturn to the Common to let him try to swim at the open water, so off he took Sing, Seagull, Titan and Skye to the park and I took Saturn to the Common to give him a 1 to 1 attention. I was getting him very excited before throwing the ball further, he was keen and excited everytime I threw the ball ... as I thought he was ready, I decided to throw the ball a little further that he can't easily get, unfortunately it was quite windy, the ball get further when he dash in and he hesitated. As I saw the ball get further and further and I knew there is no way I can get him to fetch the ball. I have to call Colin for Sing's rescue!
When Colin and the boys got to the Common, they were very happy to see me especially Sing. He thought I had a great swimming game with Saturn and got very jealous. As this time, the ball was blown to the other side of the island, maybe about 25/30 yards from this end. I wonder how can I tell Sing to fetch the ball. As it was a long distance and I do not want to tired him out by sending him out there mnay times. I found some sticks and Colin threw the first one which was so close to the ball, off Sing jumped into the water and fetch the stick back straight away but that's not what we want!! I thought for a while but decided I should chuck a stone instead of a stick and I was glad my aim was close too and off Sing in the water again, as there was no object floating, I have to keep telling him to "go on" and "find the ball" commands (until I lost my voice!!) ... he was such a good boy, he found the ball and brought it back. He is such a wonderful boy!!
this sunny morning, it started by taking Saturn to the Common to teach him to swim in the open water ... unfortunately he is a coward!! He was barking with excitment but never get to swim!!
I threw the ball and the wind blew it away and poor Saturn kept barking at it and still won't go in to fetch the ball ... and it ended up at the end of the other island opposite, about 25/30 yards away.

Sing comes to rescue!

Yes, Sing may not be a fast agility dog but he is my Champion!

1 comment:

helenm said...

Sing is just AMAZING! Bless him..