Wednesday, January 02, 2008

a Lots of fun and a Little craziness

We had a lots of FUN for the last 10 days. Colin had a week off for Christmas, besides going to my parents in law on Christmas Day, we went out for some lovely long walks every day ... we tried to find Nancy's Eridge Rock but after walking three hours in Broadwater Warren and see no sign of any rocks, we have to turn back before it gets dark and maybe lost!

this little mischievous is always good to take out for long walk, never tired and he is very adventorous

Sing: Now, you stay and let me go in and fetch it, do you understand?
Skye: Yes, Sir.

Shelties are so agile

we saw these pair of Parakeet in Richmond Park

The Vet said Seagull should be able to start his 10 minutes slow walk each day from Thursday onwards to build up his muscle, hooray!! Poor Seagull must think that we do not like him anymore as he was kept in the crate for the last couple of months and we have not take him out at all!!

Isn't he looks so cute with the Santa hat on?

Look, mummy, I did my contact! Am I clever? Can I get to go out, please?

Note: Putting him on the lead is to stop him running and jumping everywhere in the house (Vet's advise) but he is still trying to be agiled!!

Colin is determine to lose weight so he wanted a trampoline for Christmas that he can bounce a few pounds off! I bought him this electronic trampoline called iJump. He has been very good, after a long walk each day, he still get on to the trampoline to do his bouncing! Hopefully, we will see a slimmer Colin in a few months time.

or ... maybe he should bounce higher like my second nephew, Boon?

Having the children around could be good and bad ... the good thing is you have company and the bad thing is you eat like a teenager!! First of all, I have to at least cook a proper meal each day to feed them, this mean we eat like they eat!! Secondly, they like some changes like this chocolate fondue ... very tempting ... mouth watering ... how can I resist not joining them? And now, how am I going to lose weight?

even Sing is interested in it ...

Well, the CRAZY bit was ... after the chocolate fondue last night, Colin said I could not stop singing all night in bed until I suddenly went quiet ... and fell asleep!! I probably got drunk with the chocolate fondue?

... and I saw this Heron in my garden aiming for the fish in pond this morning!! Well, does this mean the snow is coming? The weather forecast said we will have snow tomorrow and Friday! YEAH! Eventhough it is a bit late for Christmas but I like snow, anytime.

5 comments:

Hudsondoglets said...

Oh no, sorry you didn't find the rocks. I was there at the rocks on Saturday, what day did you walk there?

It's a lovely place though, even if you don't find the rocks. Actually it might have been a good thing for you as the walk up to and around the rocks was very very muddy!

Sounds like you had a lovely, busy Christmas.

Happy New Year to you, Colin and the gorgeous Knights Shelties
Love from Andy & Nancy & the Hudsondoglets

Lian said...

Hi Nancy,

We were there on Saturday too!! As we don't know the area well enough, so Colin looked up on the Internet to find a place where we can park the a car safely and I think he found somewhere near a farm. I think Broadwater Warren must be quite a big place, so we must have not be the right part of the Warren to be able to find the rock. It was a lovely walk, we were walking up and down the Warren and Sing enjoyed every inches of the water (including muddy puddles)!! Maybe we should arrange to meet with you next time to have a tour round the Rock!

Hudsondoglets said...

Hi Lian

Yes, let's do that for sure. Broadwater Warren is just over 600 acres and the section where the rocks isn't included in that acreage as it isn't formally part of the Warren but a separate area although joined by footpaths!

Glad you enjoyed the walk!

Nancy

Karen said...

Ahh looks like you had a lovely walk anyway !! I love the picture of the parakeets ! I must re arrange todds birthday walk very soon, glad that sea gull is getting better,
karen x

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got a lovely xmas present... i too got a Digital SLR, Sony A100K, (but not sure on how to use it still!!! LOL) Still got some lovely pictures with it so far... Happy New Year!

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg51/admiralterriers/