Tuesday, January 15, 2008

London International Mime Festival - Aullidos

We haven't seen our friends Pete and Delia for ages, must be nearly a year now! We are busy with our stuff and they are busy with theirs ... we never seem to get time together so when they invited us to a puppet show, we didn't hesitate.

We went to ICA near Charing Cross last night, met up with Pete and Delia for a quick chat & drink in the pub, well I mean quick, it was real quick, 20-30 minutes! Then we headed to ICA for the puppet show. I have not been to a puppet show before so it will be a brand new thing for me to explore. I was expecting these puppets going to be very scary ... but it turned out to be ... mmmm ... provocative and seductive!
The puppet show was performed by a Spanish group of artists Teatro Corsario. They based in Valladolid, Teatro Corsario is one of Spain's most in demand theatre groups and has toured extensively throughout Europe and the Americas. http://www.teatrocorsario.com/


Young Thalia's mother is possessed by demons and executed by the Inquisition.
Hans, the child, sees Thalia, an orphan, begging in the street and falls in love with her.
It's the same feeling that overcomes the Duchess' illustrious lover when he discovers Thalia working as a servant. In order to protect Thalia from men her mother returns as a ghost and sends her to sleep with a needle. She tries to keep her daughter safe, underwater.
Hans fights the giants. Transformed into a small wolf he follows Thalia's scent, without knowing how much he must grow up to gain her love.
Will she be awakened with a kiss?
Can't tell you the ending, you need to find out yourself.
I have to say, the puppets were great but not too show about the story ... a bit too sexy for me. Like their own website said: Endless fantasy and eroticism. Not my type! Luckily I didn't take the kids with me!!!

3 comments:

OBay Shelties said...

I have a confession.....I am deathly scared of puppets, clowns and dolls! That show would have freaked me out totally!

Karen said...

I'm with you on that one Bernadette puppets and clowns are my worst nightmares !!

Hudsondoglets said...

I think I would find it a bit spooky but I'd still like to see it!