Friday, May 09, 2008

my poor willow tree

When we moved to our current house nearly 5 years ago, we fell in love with the big old willow tree straightaway, we then realised it is a lot of hardwork to maintain the big garden with this big willow tree especially around autumn/winter and spring/summer time. Clearing up the leafs is exhausted!! But we tried to manage year after year and enjoy the shed when it gets too hot. We are very lucky we only have one neighbour, as on our left is a 0-5 nursery, they finish not later than 7pm, so during the day with the noisy children is good for the dogs. Our neighbour on the right does not like trees/shrubs/bushes, anything grows in their garden it has to go and in our front drive, we have some bushy bit that belongs to the council and they chopped everything down, all they want is a CLEAR garden! I like CLEAR garden for my agility equipments but I do like some trees/bushes to lighten up the garden.
I am trying to find a photo of the willow tree when it is in full, unfortunately I can't find any! The above photo is just about to show half of the willow tree in full blossom. My neighbour always get somebody in to chop their side of the branches down evert two-three months!!
I took this photo this morning before they chop the branches

and here is the poor willow tree, they haven't finish yet. They are hiring a scalfolding this time, I think they determine to chop the whole tree down!! They even ask me if I want my bit chop!! I am off to Godmanchester this weekend, I am so afraid to come back to a bald willow tree!!!

2 comments:

Macfarlane Dogs said...

What a shame! The tree is lovely!Some people just don't appreciate things. :-(

Good luck at Godmanchester!!

OBay Shelties said...

I love willow trees. How nice to sit under a tree like that when it is hot and sunny. I hope it survives!