Monday, May 19, 2008

Pembrokeshire

Colin and I went to Pembrokeshire with Sing and Saturn for the weekend. Colin is interesting in buying a farm land with house, it seems the farm properties in Wales is much cheaper and bigger compare to the South West of England. We drove like crazy on Saturday morning as we have to meet the estate agent by 12:30 and gosh, it took us nearly 5 hours to get there even with the convertible!
We managed to get there in time and look at the farm house, the property is in the National Park area, located in the valley surrounded by the Preseli Hills. It has a lovely view from the surrounding. Unfortunately the house is 300+ years old and it is too small for us. Colin thought it is big enough for the two of us but I find it too crowded, so we are not buying it!
As I was suffering from terrible migrane, we went straight to the B&B, so I can have a sleep while Colin takes the boys out walking. Well, as you guess, Colin lost Saturn again!! The lady owner of the B&B said Colin can walk the dogs in the big field across the B&B but instead, Colin took the boys walked into the village, he also took some wrong turnings but at the end he found somewhere he could let the boys to run around. I rang him after 30 minutes to find out how is he getting on and he told me he LOST Saturn again!! I jumped off the bed with my pyjamas and quickly ran outside to find him. I've found him where I last left him with Colin. That dog is just too clingy! I was amazed (how he finds his way back to me) and very frightened (to loose him or accident) but I just couldn't tell him off. I never thought Colin went that far and all on the village's main road without pavement! He could be the next potential Lassie if any film making company is interested!! I am so worry when I go back and my friend is taking care of him, I have a feeling that if he gets a chance, he will run away to go and find me!! Colin is not allow to take him out if OFF the lead! That gave me a good scare!!!
I highly recommend the B&B (http://www.headlandfarm.co.uk/) if you are going to Pembrokesshire for holiday. Dogs welcome and a 5 stars service!! The room is spotless, neat and tidy, lovely garden. Sue (the lady owner) made some Welsh cake and Welsh bread with endless tea/coffee to welcome us on arrival and the breakfast was just fantastic, tons of cereal, fruits and fried breakfast! Yummy!!
We left quite early on Sunday morning as we wanted to visit the coast before coming back to London. We chose to go to Marloes Sands eventhough we were told the most beautiful beach in the GB is Barafundle Bay. We spent a good three hours in the beach with the boys, they were so happy running around knowing this is not another long agility trip! Unfortunately, Sing had another accident! Colin threw a ball and he was dashing to fetch it, there were many rocks spread everywhere on the sandy beach, we don't know how but Sing bash himself very hard into one of the rock. I could see he hit it very hard as he nearly bounce back (I'm not exaggerate)! He showed a bit of lameness on the front right leg but after a while he was in the sea fighting the wave again!
my LOVER BOY who loves FLYBALL showing off his new harness!!

Saturn enjoying himself

Sing ran into one of those rocks behind

here is a series of picture of Sing fighting the wave:

here it comes!

Sing was in the wave

there he is!

got the ball, at last!
me and the boys at Marloes Sands rock

Skye borrows Sing's harness to show off!

BULLYBOY really suits him!

1 comment:

A A A =) said...

The picture of "Bully Boy" (second from the bottom) looks like the picture named "Shelties King"--Saturn!!! Do you know which one am I saying ?