Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sizzle at training

I had a good training session with Sizzle today. Should I use the word "drive" on him? Maybe not! A lot of people told me that our English Shelties have no drive when come to work in agility! I don't believe that!! I have seen a few high drive English Shelties, such as Miranda Frankham's Dodger, Tally and Chica, they are keen and super fast! Also, Amy Lawson's new girl Fudgy, she is very keen and fast too! Not to forget to mention, Dawn Wood's new girl DeeDee, wow! She is just amazing!!
Anyway, I think my little Sizzle is keen to work with me! Last week, I was thinking to call the "see-saw" TEETER but today, I found a better word, WOBBLE and that works wonderfully!
I managed to get my classmates to video us today at training, it is good for me to see us on video as I can see where I need to improve.
Here is our little video:

12 comments:

Paula said...

Wow Lian he's fab

Rhoda said...

Aww, Sizzle is so cute on the see-saw! He is really FAST too! Looking forward to seeing you and the shelties at the weekend! Rhoda x

Sara said...

Wow - Sizzle is doing great! He's super fast, and I can't believe how independent he is on those jumps already.

I like "wobble" as a word. We use a "wobble board" when we are teaching the teeter.

I also liked the way they were teaching Sizzle the teeter by having him run to the end, and then moving it up and down a bit. Seems like a good idea.

Diana said...

Looks pretty darn fast to me. Diana

OBay Shelties said...

People who say that don't have shelties and do not understand that a sheltie is a sheltie is a sheltie no matter where it comes from. You have to learn to ignore comments like that and just show them by your good results.

Chris and Ricky said...

Sizzle is super fast and excited to work!!!! He is an awesome little guy!

Hooch and troops said...

ahhh little sizzle is going to be a rocket!! need to start sprint training i think mum!!

xx

Lucinda said...

He is looking FAB!! What a speedy little chap he is :] x

Karen said...

Lian he is looking fab. and B is right just ignore silly comments like that the proof of the pudding is in the eating :-) xx

Vonnie said...

WTG wee Sizzle! Your so fast and confident! Look at you whizzing over the dogwalk! Oh how I wish we could run the pairs, would be fantastic! Keep going your a star!

Hudsondoglets said...

Wow, Lian. He is looking fantastic. So very keen and fast.

Anonymous said...

He's wonderful,Lian-you're going to have so much fun competing with him!