Tuesday, March 17, 2009

swimming shelties and spring is in the air

I took Sing, Saturn, Sizzle and Titan for a long walk yesterday to celebrate Sing's birthday. We did a lot of ball fetching and swimming in the pond. All the boys were so excited and I managed to get Saturn and Sizzle to swim without any help from me at all but I used a lot of voice encouragement.
Sizzle surprised me by DIVING into the pond to fetch his rope ball. Yes, you heard me right, DIVING! At first, I thought it is just a one-off but he did that many times and I caught some on the vidoes and some on the photos! YES! I am very proud of my little man.

here is the video of the boys swimming in the open water:




Sizzle said he can smell SPRING!

The weather has been so nice for the last four days, lovely sunny and warm. We were at flyball training on Saturday, Sizzle did brilliantly again. He somehow trigger the box accidentally and the ball pop but thank God that didn't freak him out. He is such a clever boy. We also did something new. They set up some nettings to make it a narrow lane, we were learning some changeover. Basically we have two people holding two different dogs in the opposite directions. The two handlers need to run pass each other then call your dog, the holders will release the dogs at the same time, so these two dogs meet in the very narrow lane. For the first couple of runs, Sizzle was looking at the dog but I got his attention to me, so that was good. He is a very clever dog and knows what to do, so in the next few runs, he really focus on me.

Sunday, we went to Chippenham to do our first KC agility show of the year. More about that later in a separate post.

Sizzle and I didn't do terribly well at class today. It is so funny as the other dogs were not on form either! Last week everyone was flying but this week, all dogs were distracted by something. Sizzle wasn't bad at all but he was not interested in toy. I guess this was because I do some "hit it" board ground work with him before class and I have been using food for that. When I took the food out, he was all different! Ah! Sheltie!! I have to say I am really impress with his wobble (see-saw). We did jump, see-saw, turn right straight down two jumps. He has no fear on the see-saw at all, when the see-saw tip, he actually jump back up to ask for more food!!

It was still sunny when we got back from class, so we spent an hour in the garden playing and photo taking.

doesn't this photo looks familiar? whenever Saturn gets the ball, Sizzle will try to tell him off!

Sizzle: Now, I warn you, you better let me have the ball next time mummy throw it!
Saturn: We'll see, youngman!

well, it look like Saturn wins again! (at the background!)

Sizzle: mummy? don't you think I am the cutest, the sweetest and the best? Please, I want the ball!

poor Sizzle gave up and decided he will join in the troublesome trio attack!

sunny Samber can be obedient after a little training

Titan hates his photo taken and this is a rare opportunity

why is Seagull looks like an old man? He is only 6 but he seems to turn white/greyish so fast!

5 comments:

Rosie Ison said...

I love reading yours posts Lian,they always make me smile.

Rosie

Vonnie said...

I smiled from start to finish watching your video! How happy do your Shelties look! Sizzle, no fear! What a brilliant dive! So he barks when Saturn takes the ball, must be in the genes Ellie does the same to Khandi!!!!!! They are all having loads of fun and that's what it's all about!

Natasha said...

Happy birthday Sing! Sizzle is a little dock dog! :)

~Nat

Sara said...

Sizzie is soooooo cute! I love how he looks around before he dives, as though. "OK, if no one else is going to go get it, I sure will! Wheeeee!"

Anja said...

Like your posts sooo much ! Such beautiful Shelties too !!

Greetings from the Netherlands !
Anja
Kissalot Shelties
http://www.youtube.com/user/KissalotShelties