Monday, June 18, 2007

BLOODY moment!

Arrrgggggghhhhhhh! Is today April Fool? Or was it somebody tried to play trick on me???

Looking after people's dogs are my job but I never expect to look after a whelping bitch! This Chinese couple left a male Bichon and a Poodle bitch with me for Hong Kong for 2 months! The Bichon is a pain, too boisterous and cock his legs on all my furnitures! The Poodle is such a sweetie. I fell in love with her straightaway.

Well, I groom and look after the dogs well. I never come so close to an entire bitch. When she first came to visit 4 weeks ago, I was told she was in season for more than 2 weeks but I knew it would be ok when she comes to stay as normally it took the bitch 3 weeks to finish. I have noticed since early last week that all her nipples are fairly big. I was joking to Colin that she might have babies. Colin teased me: We can sell the puppies if she does have some! I am always a worrior, just in case she has puppies, I looked up on the Internet to see the sign of a pregnant bitch and she fits in all the sign beside when I squeeze her nipples, there is no milk, so I thought this is so called Phantom Pregnancy and was very happy about it.

Guess what? I was reading my James Patterson a few hours ago and my boys suddenly went crazy and bark like nobody's business and kept running around the house. I thought nothing much about it but they kept running in and out like mad for good one hour and it finally made me stand up to check what is going on. As I walked to the utility area, I can smell blood, very strong bloody smell! I thought one of the dogs were injured and check on them and see they were all fine. I then realised the sweet little brown poodle was cuddling up to a corner in a bed and then I heard some tiny noises, I told myself NO, NO, NO, NO PUPPIES, PLEASE! I looked closer and saw one white thing and one black thing! Oh My God! She is having puppies!!

I was all shaking! I don't know what to do. I rang my Vet, he is out, I rang a few people I know maybe can help and they were all not in!! I then called Bernadette and I was so glad she picked up the phone and I explained to her what I was going through and she is my angel, she calms me down (eventhough I was shaking badly) and tell me what to do...

Anyway, I am still shaking and I swear to myself, I will never ever look after any bitch (whether spayed or not) anymore in my life and I definitely don't want one (which I was thinking og having one!)! I've been on the phone for the last few hours and I hope she is not having anymore puppies. Two is definitely enough for me to COPE!

Coffee and her two babies (I think they are both girls, can't be sure!)

This the smallest, I called it BLACKY

This is the the biggest one, I callet it SNOW

2 comments:

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

O my goodness wot a suprise you've had! They do look very very cute tho :)

Hudsondoglets said...

Lian

What a shock and well done for coping. Sounds like you got some great support though.

What an event!