Friday, November 16, 2007

-2.5c and walkies

The weather forecast last night was down to -3c/-4c with a deep frost! We woke up to -2.5c this morning and the cars were all covered with deep frost and the Common look so beautiful and the ponds were frozen!
I met up with Jenny and Copine & Lucky for a good walk at Wimbledon Common. I haven't seen Jenny and Copine for ages, so it was really good catching up with each other. I used to look after Copine when Jenny goes away to visit her daughter and son around the world and Copine is just like my own dog. When I got out from the car and walk around the car park, Copine spotted me from far, oh girl, she charged towards me without hesitating. I was very surprised she still remember me and can sense me from a distance!
Lucky is Jenny's daughter Polly's dog. Polly used to work in Singapore and there is where Lucky was born. When Polly and her family moved back to England a couple of years ago, they have to take Lucky with them and poor Lucky was traumatised and nearly lost her life. Now, Polly and her family is working in Zimbawee for few years, they decided Jenny should look after Lucky until they get back to England again.
Lucky is such a sweet little BC, she is small and stalky, not much bigger than Sing!
this is my baby, Copine

these two crazy sheltie and collie!!

they don't care what temperature it is, all they want is to fetch something in the half frozen pond!

at 11am, the ground is still covered in deep frost!

4 comments:

Hudsondoglets said...

Lovely photos. That last one would make a nice Christmas card. Dogs are mad, I can't believe how they like to jump into freezing water. If yours are like mine they will do this but then when you try to put their paws in a bowl of nice, clean, warm water to wash them .... they don't want to!

Karen said...

he he he my dogs are like that too freezing dirty water wonderfull, nice warm water yuk yuk yuk !!! Looks like you had a lovely walk too !! kx

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

Brrrr!
Frosty mornings are gr8 for a walk.

OBay Shelties said...

Frosty mornings are great to stay in bed and look at your emails not walking, brrrrrr.