Tuesday, November 20, 2007

C Side & 1st SNOW!

We had a great time at C Side on Sunday eventhough it was FREEZING cold! Even a thick coat, wolly hat, wind breaker ... were not enough to anyone of us warm! All my boys were trying their best and they did me very proud.

Like the previous year, they have the Grade 1-3 classes in the morning and Grade 1-7 classes in the afternoon. I have entered Saturn & Skye in the 1-3 classes; Sing, Saturn & Skye in the 1-7 classes.

Skye
We started with Agility first thing in the morning, I ran Skye first, this was his first show so I am not expecting much from him since I have not done a lot of training with him. He was a very good boy, his contacts were lovely, I need to work harder on the weave (we are still on the "wire" stage) but his speed isn't great. There were a few people telling me that they think he is either struggled to jump the medium height or he is measuring every single jump! I need to find out the real problem and solve it!

Saturn
Saturn was a very good boy, he was very excited and jolly and keeping his speed throughout the show. Unfortunately, my "alzheimer" problem confused him on the contacts again! I can get very excited (or nervous) when I go to a show, I always tell myself I have to be calmed and make sure what I want the dog to do but when I am running, I suddenly forgot everything!! I think I need someone to train me not the dog! In our agility round, when I sent him up the Dog Walk, he was fast for his speed and I was over excited and forgot to keep my eyes on his 2on/2off, and released him before he actually have his two front feet hit the ground. When we got on the A Frame, I was more careful and make sure he did his contact and he was a good boy then, the minute I saw him put his two front feet on the ground, I released him quick and his weave was fast too but my silly handling after the tunnel gave us a 5! He was very good at the Jumping classes, he got a 3rd in the 1-3 Jumping and a clear (he was one placed out from the places which they gave up to 4th) in 1-7 Jumping.

Sing
I let Ryan handled Sing in the 1-7 Jumping. Poor Sing is always a mummy's boy, he was looking out for me when Ryan set him up in front of the start line, I have to catch him a couple of times for Ryan but at least he did most of the course beautifully for Ryan until he went in the wrong tunnel and Ryan got a bit lost and he took the chance to ran off again!! I then handled him on the Agility myself, boy oh boy, I think his Dog Walk is getting better each time and he got a 4th. Hopefully all the "Hit It Board" hardwork paid off.

Titan
Ryan was working him in the 1-3 classes. He wasn't bad but he wasn't concentrate on what he was supposed to do. He is a everyone's dog and he likes to go and say hello to everyone. Hopefully, with more practise and more shows, he will learn to listen to Ryan more.

Here are the videos of Sing and Saturn @ C Side:

Thanks to C Side, the small and medium dogs finished nice and early, so we can pop in to see my in-laws in Brighton. On the way home, we even seen the first SNOW!!

2 comments:

Val said...

Pixel Photoz have at least two fab shots of you Lian.

Karen said...

boys going really well the sleat on the motorway on the m23 sunday night was not welcome though !!