Friday, January 30, 2009

agility + swimming

agility - the frustration bit:
I started alternating Sing & Saturn classes. Saturn normally goes to the beginner class starts at 10:15am and Sing goes to the advanced class at 11:15am. Saturn went to the advnaced class yesterday and Sing went to the beginner class.
Saturn was at the advanced class again yesterday as Sing is a bit off colour this week. Saturn did pretty well with the A Frame last week, at least he wasn't creeping the down plank but yesterday, eventhough the target/treat pot was out there and visible to him, he was creeping in the entire hour!!
I have tried all sort of suggestions from my fellow agility friends and I think Saturn is probably to well train and he wanted to get it right so he make sure he will go slowly to the target! I am getting so frustrated and wonder if I should try to run the A Frame with him?

swimming, week 2:
Sizzle swam really well yesterday. It was his second lesson. I still pay for an assistant to be with him, just in case. His first swim was great, he actually wanted to jump in the water and get the ball and with a lot of voice encouragement from me and the assistant, he jump in at last but the super mini squeeky ball sank! Poor little boy. He actually swim with confidence the whole 25 minutes without any assistant needed. WooHoo!
Saturn, again was very noisy and crazy, he just love swimming in the pool ONLY!
Sing was definitely off colour as swimming is always his favourtie, he was slow and tired eventhough he tried to swim each time. This recall me seeing that he was slow and tired for the last few days. His toilet has been normal and I don't know if the anaesthetic still upset him. As I have then read a few articles about shelties and anaesthetic, shelties are definitely NOT anaesthetic friendly. I've also remembered Saturn took a long time to recover from anaesthetic.
luckily they didn't heat up the pool too hot this week so I managed to get some videos of the boys swimming:



5 comments:

Sara said...

I loved the video of your dogs in the pool - especially Sizzie in his life jacket. How cute that he is taking "swimming lessons"!

I hope Sing is feeling back to his regular self soon.

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry to hear that Sing is still not back to his usual self!

Swimming looks like so much fun - wish I could go with you all!

Vonnie said...

How they all love it Lian, just look at their wee faces! Watching Sizzle is just like watching Ellie, they are so alike! He is doing fantastically well with all the new training sessions he has taken up over the past few weeks! WTG wee Sizzle! x I will try and get some photos and vids of Ellie at agility.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Sing is still not feeling well. We'll keep our paws crossed for him!! Sizzle in his little life jacket is just too cute... We can't get enough of your water shelties!!! :)

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Hope Sing is feeling much better soon. I can't watch videos at the moment, my connections being weird. But i'll check back for it. :)
~Dee