Tuesday, January 06, 2009

arctic weather coming?

It has been very cold for the last few days, the temperature in Mitcham is between -4c to -6c at night and in the morning. Today at 12noon, the temperature only shows 1c. I have heard from the radio yesterday, they said we might hit -10c in the next couple of days and we will have snow. I like the snow bit but not the -10c!
I feel very sorry for Saturn, the fur underneath his belly is still not growing back very well. He hates wearing the coat/jacket when we go out walking, he gets very akward in it, so we always go out without it.
I want to post this photo of him at night, he looks so sweet. He sleeps next to me (on the floor). I have used the double duvet (folded in half) to make him a bed, I put some very warm fleece on top on the duvet in the winter for him. Anyone who knows Saturn knows he loves to put his head on something, your lap or shoe ... anything, so I gave him one of my pillows. Don't you think he sleeps like a human resting his head on the pillow?



Well, I was in the garden doing a quick tidy up before the snow comes, not a good thing to do in a freezing cold day. When I turned around, I saw this little man is ON TOP OF THE WORLD. I know he likes to get up on the A Frame and the Dog Walk to look over at the neighbours and I also know this is not a good thing as you want him to learn the contacts correctly. I have put some jumps at the bottom of the contacts to block the way up but I must have removed the jumps and forgot to put them back when I was away. He does look very cute in the picture. Sorry, mobile phone quality.

6 comments:

GeeRome said...

I'll trade you the -10c for the -40c that we hit a couple of days ago! haha Enjoy the balmy weather ;)

Anonymous said...

Saturn looks very peaceful there, lying on his bed. Hope the belly fur will grow back soon and don't take up Gee Rome's offer of trading the -10c for the -40 :) :) There's 20 degrees and strong northerly winds on the go over here in NZ - deal?

Sara said...

Saturns looks so sweet. I'd like to cuddle up with him! Hope his belly fur comes back soon.

Oreo loves to stop at the top of the A-frame and dog walk too, and have a look around.

Hope you get snow, and then some warmer temps so you can enjoy it!

Chris and Ricky said...

Both photos are adorable!!!

Diana said...

The photos are so cute. Miley likes to perch on top the A-frame too, so she can see over the fence. I have put those big orange cones on all the contact equipment to keep her off. Funny how shelties have a lot of the same behaviors. Diana

Life With Dogs said...

We can send some more snow and cold your way! : )