Saturday, January 31, 2009

Flyball Fun

We had a wonderful Flyball training this morning. Sizzle was doing very well, eventhough he wanted to play with the other dogs but when it was our turn, he was keen and enthusiastic and I can see him trying very hard to change his pasing, he managed to do the single step for the last two jumps. I think having this toy from CleanRun really helps him to come back to me even faster! When we first started three weeks ago, Guy & Ray at the Wimbledon Whizzers suggesting we should try to reward the dogs at the end with a higher reward, so a tuggy is the best toy. Most of you probably still remember I was having problem teaching Sizzle to tug and I have invested a lot of money in toys. This Dunkin's Stuffer Toy allows me to stuff yummy treats and Sizzle loves chasing it and hang on to it. I open up the pouch for him to get the treat when he started to tug even just for a short time. I will use this toy only at Flyball and today is the first time and I can see a great result of it already.

I've asked Colin again to try to take some "good" photos and here are the results:

Sizzle doing a run back, so there is no ball in his mouth

I love this photo of Sing eventhough it was taken from the slide angle

Sing's swimmer turn

Colin also practising his photography skill on other dogs:

this Malinois is sooooooooooooo fast!!!!

this GSD is in Sizzle's class


Maddy is in Sing's class and she is another very fast small dog!

a litte Note about Sing: He is looking brighter today and he was running faster at flyball too! But he got so tired after we got home, I need to carry him up to bed with me!!


here is a little video of today's training, the first clip was a run back; the usual thing we have to do eveytime we train or even compete, the reason behind is to let the dog knows this is the lane he should be running. The second clip was to send him over the jumps to fetch a static ball. He is still not brave enough to pick the ball from Becky (the boxloader)'s hand, so Becky has to put the ball on the floor for him to pick up. You can see him going up in speed and come back with speed then chase me for the tuggy and the best thing is he has NOT drop the ball until he gets on the tuggy. What a clever little boy!!



4 comments:

Sara said...

Tell Colin - nice job on the photos! Flyball looks like so much fun!

I want to get Oreo a toy that holds treats. I borrowed one in his agility class today, so I will check out Sizzle's out on clean run.

Vonnie said...

Whose a cever boy then of course the one and only Sizzle! WTG your superb! Your wee sis loves to tug, a good toy idea for training though! Your a lucky boy being videoed loads, nice to watch - gives me the awwwwwwww factor! Your too cute! BTW wee sis flaked out all night after her agility today! :)

Good to hear Sing is feeling more like his oldself! Your super too!

Macfarlane Dogs said...

What a cute photo of Sizzle!! looks like you all have great fun! x

Chris and Ricky said...

Sizzle is really improving in flyball! And those flyball photos that Colin took are awesome!

Glad to know Sing is doing better, finally!