Friday, January 16, 2009

empty house and full house

EMPTY house:

I think I am slowly getting over the grief of losing Tikka but Colin seems to get worst each day. I know the day will come as his kidney was failing a couple of years ago but I do miss him when I feed the dogs because I fed him the same time as I feed the dogs. I think Sing is missing him too because his temperament has slightly change for the last few days. He looks a bit on the down side (health wise he is perfect), he is not so cheerful when I throw him the ball, he keeps missing the catch, I think he does not want to catch the ball at all but he is fine when we go out walking, he catch the ball every single time I throw it. Also, he wasn't keen when I took him to our weekly agility class. I remembered seeing him looking at Tikka when all of us said our goodbyes and he wouldn't leave the box; Sizzle gave Tikka a good lick and the other gently sniff him. We have got the ashes back from the Vet, I am impress that they returned the ashes within 24 hours. Colin has taken the ashes into his office so Tikka can stay by his side all time now. He was dreaming to take him to work one day and now Tikka is being close to him. Bless them!

we are missing Tikka

FULL house:
I now have Starry "coming back" to me for a good few weeks because his litter sister Daisy is having babies! Starry is BIGish dog so he is always on your way. He is very sweet and get on very well with my boys and also like to push his way to get more attention from me and Colin.
very happy Starry who enjoys going out with my boys
Daisy was in a very long labour since Thursday 12:30am, the first pup didn't born until 7:30am, sadly the first born puppy was born dead and she was the only girl weight 5.5oz. She went on to have two boys straightaway and the last born boy was three hours later. She now has three boys, all flashy sable & white boys. One of the boys is very tiny, weight only 2.2oz, we are hand rear him at the moment as he cannot feed himself from Daisy. We are hoping him to hang on. The two boys are good sizes, the last born with white blaze is 6.5oz and the 2nd born plain face boy is 4.5oz. They are eating very well. BTW, Daisy is not staying with me but I go over to Jim & Joan to help feeding the puppies very often. They just live down the road from me and Daisy knows me since the day she was born.

here is the proud mum with her three sons, left to right; plain face boy, tiny boy & white blaze boy

4 comments:

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Great job Sizzle! Ludo's not so good at back, he thinks he has to jump instead of walk. I can feel your sadness over Tikka from here. :( they leave such a hole don't they.

Sara said...

Misty missed her brother, Munchkin, terribly when he died. Misty cried for weeks...It is hard for them, as well as us. Two years later, I still like to "hug" Munchkin's ashes, while Misty sniffs the container. I always wonder what she is thinking....

Hope the puppies bring some smiles your way!

Vonnie said...

Love to see a picture of the mum with the pups so touching! Sorry to hear she lost one of them!

Have fun with Starry!

Chris and Ricky said...

It just takes awhile to get over any loss (as you well know). When mom lost her cat that she had before she got me, she cried for days and the house was so quiet.

The pups are so tiny!! Hope we see lots more pictures of them as they grow!