Friday, June 19, 2009

continue ... EFC diary ... nearly THE END

Our EFC diary is coming to the end now ... the adventurous journey

We left the showground on Monday morning but most of our team-mates left a few hours before us, that was about 4am in the morning, they have an Eight O'clock boat to catch in Dunkerque; some of them take the Euro Tunnel in the afternoon. We don't leave until Tuesday 10am so we have plenty of time. We left the showground about 10am to drive into the town of Mechelen for sightseeing. All the shops were close but we got to see some fantastic buildings and churches and the catheral. Unfortunately it was a very hot day, walking on the pavement is never easy for the dogs especially they have to be on the lead. I find it very stressful to walk the boys as they HAVE to be on the lead AT ALL TIME!

Sing and Saturn pose in front of the Catheral

we found this statue while we were walking about, these two boys were very good posing for the photo, until this ... see photo below
... what have they seen?

a CAT! They were so good and well behaved. They have not move an inch, they just sat there wathing the cat walk by SLOWLY! I am very proud of them and their training must be well worth it!

some part of the town looks very much like Amsterdam

poor Sing wishes he could jump in the canal for a good swim

as we walked around, we found this interesting shop ... BRAIN WASH? Can't work it out what shop is that!!

then we saw this funny statue ... I found this on the internet, it is Opsignoorke Doll

after a two hours city walk, I wanted to sit down, so we back to the square again


I forgot to mention dirving on our own were very exciting. Before the other left, we always follow them around, so it didn't bother me if we were driving on the other side of the road but now we have to go different way, I got a bit worried as I have the tendency to drive on the left! Colin have to keep reminding me: Ooi! Right! You can imagine how exciting was that! Luckily it was a public holiday and they weren't many cars.
Eventhough I have a printout map from the Flyball venue to Dunkerque from the AA Route Map but we weren't following that as we stop at Mechelen so it became an adventurous journey. We just drove along, heading towards Dunkerque but hopefully to find somewhere to stop so we can let the dogs loose. Sing and Saturn were dying for a freedom run.
We can't read French or Belgian, so can't understand the road sign either! Colin decided we will drive closer to Dunkerque, so we found a sea side town called Middlekerke. We thought we can let the dogs run in the beach but there is a sign saying No Dogs from the time we were there, so tough!

on the way to Middlekerke, we saw this bridge open up for the boat to pass by

... and we saw the famous Belgium Blue Cows

we finally arrive at Middlekirke to find out it is a very crowded tourist place

it was very windy and my cap got blow away, Saturn thought I was playing the fetching game with him and he pulled the lead and fetch the cap for me! Ah Bless him!

we saw horses on the beach!

... and more horses!!

we found this lovely sand castle

I was very impressed by Diana's 4 Dog Craziness and wanted to copy her idea and of course mine was terrible!

the dogs went crazy and I decided I will be naughty and let them go off the lead. Saturn really thought my blew cap is a game and each time my cap got blow away, he will fetch that for me, he also fetch Colin's hat!

Sing got very jealous so I have to tie his lead up, so he can fetch something as well

it wasn't much fun by the beach as I was worried that we will get a penalty for letting the dogs loose, so we decided we will walk back to the car and hopefully to find somewhere to walk the dogs
then, just behind where we parked the car, there was a hidden place. I don't know what it was but I knew it is safe to let the dogs run around. It wasn't a big place but good enough for them to be off the lead for a little while. Sing immediately begging to play with the ball

as I had enough Flyball for the week, for a change, I didn't carry any ball with me, so I have to make his lead up to throw it for him to fetch, poor Boy, he was so desperate to play!

Saturn is not a fetch kinda of dog, but he don't care, he want to run and do something

Saturn is looking out for FREEDOM

4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Great pics! Nice too see where you've been! Saturn is such a clever boy fetching your hat! They were both good sitting there as the cat passed! Brain maybe it's fuel for the brain eg coffee! Sing and Saturn look so happy!

Sara said...

what fun photos! I feel like I got to go on vacation too!

Natasha said...

What a great trip!! Must have been tons of fun for the dogs too. That's a great photo of Sing standing in the sand.

~Nat

Unknown said...

brain wash = hairdresser :-)