Monday, June 29, 2009

a cripple agility weekend!

I was so much looking forward to Landsdown Agility Show. This show was held at the Landsdown Racecourse, the view is always so beautiful from the top of the hill and the camping is always good, we have plenty of space and the people are so friendly. We have some lovely walking spaces for the dogs and there is no restriction on how many dogs are allow off the lead as long as you can control your dogs.
Unfortunately, I have two cripple dogs who were supposed to compete at Landsdown. Saturn's broken dewclaw was still bad, Kevin only removed his bandage on Friday morning but he needs to wear a sock to protect the bare skin for a little while. Saturn was not happy with my baby sock + terrible bandage work, he keeps chewing it off! Arrrggghhh ...
You can see from the above picture that eventhough his dewclaw was clean but it still need protection, this means he shouldn't be running for the next week or so.
Sing was slightly lame from last week's tumbled tunnel. To be honest, with two dogs cannot run, I shouldn't have gone to Landsdown but both boys were on the Crufts Team, so I HAVE to go, at least to run Sing in the Team. I did gave him a warm up run in the Jumping as first thing of Saturday. When I first walked the Jumping course, I cannot register the course in my mind. We got there late on Friday night and didn't settle until nearly 12 o'clock, so an early start is not the thing I want. The course was challenging, it was a graded class too, I thought if I can pull through the hard bit, I would like to win the class. I actually did the hard bit smoothly but got eliminated on the tunnel! Arrrggghhh ... it was my fault really, I was meant to do a front cross after the weave, so Sing is on my right hand side, so I can send him in the grey tunnel, then tell him left tunnel and of course I didn't do my switches and Sing didn't know where I want him to go, he ended up go in the same tunnel, Bless my little boy. I was actually pleased with him doing the hard bit alright. There weren't many clear rounds in this Jumping course!
After that, we have the Medium Crufts Team. I ran Saturn at the first qualifier and I know Saturn is not fit for agility so I asked to run Sing for the rest of the qualifiers. Sing was the first one to go and he was a good boy, he was the only dog in the Team to go clear. Two of our mates got fault and one got eliminated, so no qualified again this time. We must try harder next time but it was very good to run in the Team.
this is not a successful weekend but I thought I would post the runs I did with Sing, so some of you may like to try the course, especially the Jumping course:

This is the first time of the year we were away in the caravan. We have a compact little caravan, enough to fit in the two of us and our SIX shelties! We took all the boys with us plus Samber. This is the first time Samber camping with us and she was a good girl. She didn't attempt to run away or do anything naughty. She really is a sweetheart.

this is our little caravan

Saturday evening rain after we came back from our long walk, so Saturn decided he will watch his daddy cooking BBQ from the window


... then Samber joined him, isn't she cute?

she is daddy's girl

... and these are my boys! Can you imagine I woke up ache and pain next morning?

since Sing and Saturn are not fit to run on Sunday, we chilled out to enjoy a bit of relaxing day ... it was VERY HOT on Sunday, this is Sing's favourite cool spot, underneath the caravan!

these two planets were quite happy to stay under our awning

this little girl likes sunbathing!

this is my job when we go caravaning ... groom the dog!

just recently, these two like to stick together
Sizzle and Samber enjoyed their run in the racecourse


I hope you like this series of photo of Sizzle trying to escape from the garden. Yes, he is a naughty boy, he tried to escape to find me everytime I wander to see what happened in the ring, funny thing is Colin didn't even aware he has gone! I actually caught him by the ringside, to be precise, he FOUND me by the ringside and he was so pleased with himself when he sees me! You either hate him or like him!



2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Sizzle is a little Rascal! He just can't be away from his Mummy for a minute...

I love the photos of Saturn too. Such a sweet face he has. Hope his foot is feeling better soon.

Diana said...

I love the picture of the dogs sleeping on you and next to you. That would make you sore. Diana