Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Working with the puppies ...

Well, I have not teach the pups any new tricks this week. I'd like to give them a break every now and then, so we spent a lot of times playing different games (mainly tuggy and them chasing me in the garden) and going out walking on the pavement, watching traffic, school children marching ...

This week, I decided to stimulate their minds with Nina Ottoson Interactive toys ...

Both the girls, Scara and Sipzie are terrible eater, they eat so fast that they basically gulp down the food instead of enjoying their meal. I have tried feeding them with the special bowl design to slow down the eating habit but these shelties have tiny face and pointy nose, so it didn't really slow down a lot. I even tried adding water and it only slow them down by a fracture of a second! Mmmm ...

This is why a food dispensing ball is coming into use! I have four diferent food dispensing balls, I first tried that on Scara, she just stared at the ball and didn't know what to do with it. I started rolling the ball and let the food spilt out and she quickly learned that by rolling the ball, she will get her food! Clever girl!

And for Miss Sipzie, I have to say I was really shocked with her. I gave her the easiet ball to start with, it has a big hole and what she did is using her two front paws to hold the ball tight so it won't roll away and started to lick the hole. God! I got worried that her tongue will get longer after she tried so hard to get the food out! I have to change three different balls and at the end after 2.5 hours of trying, she finally got the idea!!!

Sonic has the Nina Ottoson "spinny" toy because I have gave him the food dispensing ball when he was younger and I would like to try something new with him. 

And the others were very jealous that they didn't get any of these toys!!!

Here are some videos of the girls and Sonic getting busy with their minds ... first up, Scara and her food dispensing ball:
 
and this one is of Sonic and his "spinny": 

and lastly, we have Sipzie struggled to get the food out. Sorry I did't managed to film the successful part. By the time she realised how it works, she was too quick or desperate to eat her breakfast!!! I also include Sonic with his food dispensing ball in this clip:




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sonic is so clever!
Scara is so clever!
Sipzie, well, Rosie and mummy still love you!!!!!!!

Vonnie said...

He He He clever doggies! My two have the gulper bowls as they enhale their food!

Chris and Ricky said...

Why do girls want to gulp their food so fast? I never gulp my food preferring to savor each bite - LOL!