Friday, February 06, 2009

Bus riding

Last Firday I took Sizzle on the bus to Tooting to pick up my car from the garage. I have taken all my dogs on public transports when they were young but have not done it with Sizzle, so this was a good opportunity.
I am not a public transport user so I was a bit worried that if the bus would happily allow me and the dog on board. We need to change two buses to get to Tooting, so from our house to Mitcham Town Centre was no problem at all. We were riding on the upper deck so Sizzle gets to see the "outside" world on the higer level. He seems confident and not worried about the ride at all.
Unfortunately we had a little problem when get to Mitcham to change another bus to Tooting. Since I had an easy ride earlier, so I was expecting all buses take dogs but this particular bus to Tooting refused to take us without explaination! As I have a foot on the bus and the bus driver slam the door and I've got my foot caught in it and thank God it didn't hurt Sizzle as I was carrying him. I was furious! I do not mind if he told me politely that he wouldn't take dog but slamming the door on me without a reason is not exceptable!
Luckily another bus coming along and happily allowed us on board.
Sizzle is waiting for the bus at the bus stop
Sizzle's first bus ride


7 comments:

Sara said...

How any driver could not allow a dog with Sizzie's sweet face on the bus is beyond me!

Rude!

Anonymous said...

We can't believe it; how can the bus driver be so rude and especially since you had one foot on the bus and were carrying a small dog!!! Thank God Sizzle is such a calm little boy. We're glad he enjoyed the bus ride. In New Zealand only guide dogs are allowed on public transport or restaurants/cafes so we can't go anywhere really.

Christine said...

Hello, Haven't seen Sizzle since the summer (no shows)and your blog is showing what a perfect and handsome man he is, just lovely.

Chris and Ricky said...

Can't believe the bus driver shut the door on your foot - yes, he should've just politely refused you a ride! Ridiculous!

Sizzle is so incredibly cute waiting for the bus and riding on the bus!

Daras said...

I think you will find that most bus companies say that accepting dogs is down to the driver's discretion. I think this should mean that they can refuse to take dogs only if the bus is crowded or if it is likely to cause bother to other passengers. To allow drivers to refuse to take dogs just because they perhaps don't like them is really not on. This driver's behaviour was totally unacceptable. I think you should complain to the bus company.

Green Idea Factory said...

Sizzle is such a cutie and good passenger.

You are SO lucky in the U.K.! In North America only a few urban public transport operators let pet dogs on board if they are not in a carrier.

I know that you like to drive, but dogs like to go the pub and if you have a way home not by car you can have a drink!

For more info see "Dogs on Board!" at www.greenidea.eu

Vonnie said...

Your such a good boy Sizzle! Can't believe the driver shut the door on your foot, terrible. As long as your both alrigh that's the main thing. A wee thing like that could have shook Sizzle so that's good he was OK with it. Now your all nice and snug in your car!