Friday, February 06, 2009

I don't want a 2x2 but I want a 4x4!

I decided I will go to Pachesham yesterday for our weekly club training. Tuesday (Sizzle's puppy class) was cancelled due to the heavy snow. A few friends called me crazy as they think it is dangerous to drive in the black icy road. I know the coucil has put down a lot of salt grid (we heard from the radio that some part/area have ran out of grid!!) on the main road and I have been driving Colin to the Station everyday and we need to get on with life. We can't be put off by the snow!
We had rain yesterday, so mostly it was sloshy all the way to Pachesham. The countryside was so beautiful, all cover in white UNTOUCH snow. When I arrived, I was actually felt a bit regretted as the road was icy, sloshy, muddy ... the worst thing was my car got stuck in the middle of the parking place! I can't get the car to move at all, that really made me grumpy!
Luckily David (one of the new dog handler) came with a 4wd, he was very kind to tow me out but I lost my enthusiasim towards agility, so I handled Saturn very badly.
We did some jumping sequence with a A Frame stuck in between. We also did some difficult weave entries. Basically, Saturn was working in a nice speed but I lost him a few times as I was not concentrate. The major problem we have is still the A Frame. The first time, he actually CRAWL down the down plank; the second time, he came from a speedy jumping sequence and up the A Frame and that time, he was fast and nearly lost control (I think!) but he managed to put his two back legs on the plank; and after that, he started to go slow on the down plank again! Arggggghhhhhhh......
Maybe I should be thinking to run the A Frame with him? All ideas welcome please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After our training, I wanted to take the dogs to Oxshott Common, our usual dog walking place after training but I was so scared to get stuck in the car park as I know I will never get help from there! I then started to drive around the area to find a better car parking place, unfortunately Oxshott is a well countryside, so most of the roads are still covering in snow!
We managed to stop at Esher Common for a good walk. I wanted to take some photos in Pachesham but I was too worried and grumpy and I forgot all about it. They have a lovely wood where I walk the dogs before taking them to class. It was still covered in a very thick snow and most of the snow were untouch, so pretty.
Here are a few more snowy photos from the boys:
Saturn is a real photogenic in the snow, he always look so handsome and pose nicely
unfortunately his coat still hasn't come back, he looks very ugly underneath. Poor boy! I feed him sardine in sunflower oil (high in Omega) in the morning and yumega in the evening for the last one month and I have not see any improvement!! I am getting very upset about it now!

with the deep snow we have, it is a good chance to practise "find it". Sing and Sizzle love this "find it" game. Sing only wants to find his tennis ball where Sizzle likes to find a stick!
happy pair!

again, minus Seagull who still refuse to come out!

We didn't get to go to dogggie swim yesterday, Greyfriars called me on Wednesday to ask if I have a 4wd or else I better stay at home as they have even deeper snow! They told me some stuff were trying to learn skiing!!! Greyfriars was located in a valley, you need to drive down this narrow hilly private country road to get into them, so I assume they are try to ski down to work! Ah! I miss skiing. I haven't been skiing for 3 years now!

3 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry you were in a bad mood by the time you got to class - driving on snowy roads and dealing with snowy parking lots will do it to you every time!

Mom is sort of teaching me a running a-frame - she didn't want me to stress my body by trying to do 2o2o - but right now I am not so fast so I don't seem to miss the contacts. If I get faster, she'll have to rethink or teach me a real running a-frame with jumping the apex and everything. Good luck - I'm sure you'll figure out what you want to do.

Vonnie said...

More great pics Lian! Look at wee sizzle GO! Love how they all sit for you! Shame that happened before agility, when your thrown of like that you don't realise how much it affects your concentration! I have a 4x4, I like it, good to drive and the height is good for seeing on-coming traffic - also great in the snow! Hope you make flyball tomorrow!

Sara said...

I can't believe your roads still aren't cleared of snow after so many days! That must be very frustrating.

The photos are gorgeous!

I am not good for advice on the contacts. I still can't decide what I am doing with Oreo myself! Usually, he hits them when he is running, but every once in a while, he just flies off the side.